need plans for a roll top breadbox

Just decided to make a roll top breadbox, and just so I don't screw it up I was wondering if anyone had plans to help me on my way?

Thanks, Clint

Reply to
Ottres

Rockler used to, I believe, so there are some out there. Quick search turned nothing other than books.

I have one my dad built in his "rolltop" phase. Though his prototype was bigger than a breadbox, what I have is basically a scaled-down version of the roll top on the desk now residing at my daughter's. You might want to check for desk plans and scale down.

Reply to
George

Hi Clint, Lee Valley/Veritas sells Tambours for bread boxes (i.e. the rolling part, which is essentially wood strips attached to felt). The box is really a matter of two sides with rabbited slots for the rolling tambour, a bottom and any decorative additions you may add to the box (i.e. chamfering, design work, scroll work, etc.).

I also found two links on this site:

one is just a box.

I know I saw a plan for one in a book I was looking at recently. If I can find it I'll send what I can. Best of luck!

Reply to
clmessina

Thank you very much for looking into it for me. If you do come across the plans for the roll top I would really appreciate it.

Clint

Reply to
Ottres

Reply to