Need Instructions On Glass Doors With Mullions

Any one seen any good instructions on making cabinet doors with fancy mullions in them?
Woody
Woody wrote:

--RC
Hey RC -
Fancy meaning mullions with a decorative routed edge - not just square.
Like something you'd see on a nice china cabinet.
Woody
Woody wrote:

I assume, then, that the problem is coping them -- making the contours match at places where the mullions meet?
--RC
http://mrsawdust.com/ Good detailed instructions using the Radial Arm Saw.
--
Rumpty

doors. You can get the plans from them. Jim
After making windows for my front room,
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/images/windows1.jpg
I found that making the mullions tricky. I used the CMT set http://www.medfordtools.com/cmt/windowsash.html (link is for reference only) To make the window sashes and mullions. The real tricky part had to do with the vertical grain fir I used. Tearout was hard to control. If and when I make any more windows, I'll use a different wood and more use of backer boards when milling the mullions.
Dave

Woody wrote:

See the instruction sheet w/ the CMT window sash set.
Delta has an instruction sheet on producing windows and doors, etc. Don't have the copy here for the part number but I suspect it's still available if you ask.
I highly recommend the Delta sheet although it relies on a stub shaft cutter to make the cope cut for the full-length tenon of a classical window sash.
Most router sets these days are designed only for the stub tenon which looks ok but isn't nearly as strong as the full tenon.