"Need input"

Hi to all once again,
It's been a very long time since I frequented the group due to one thing or another.
I'm just curious what the feeling or guide lines are about trying to sell a used piece of equipment. This is just a one time thing for me as I usually don't sell my tools but I do have a useful piece of shop equipment for sale. I am upgrading.
I just didn't want to blurt it out and violate any laws, unspoken or otherwise.
I will be around from time to time.
Tom in Oregon
Tom,
Before the net Nanny's get to ya.... simply put FS (For Sale) in the Subject line followed by a short item description. (i.e, FS: Delta 10" Contractor Saw - Oregon
In the message, include all the particulars about the item for sale, terms of sale (you pick up, I'll deliver, cash, check, credit card...etc). Include where the item is and how you are to be contacted.
The 5 W's usually do it pretty good - Who, what, when, where and why... And if anybody complains - simply tell'em to stuffit...
Bob S.

By all means, Blurt!
LD in Oregon
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 01:18:54 GMT, "Tom in Oregon"

Personally, I don't object to selling woodworking equipment in this forum. I have not read a lot of objection about sellers. However, you might get better results to sell it on a radio swap program and/or local newspaper. Shipping heavy equipment can be expensive. Now you've got me curious. I have to ask what are you thinking about selling? And, why are you selling it?
Ditto what Bob S. said and one other thing, couldn't you be closer to Wisconsin?
UA100, who more than likely will find shipping prohibitive...

Felt the same thing reading about the Carpenter giving away "mahogany" in Yewston. Criminy, how come none of these folks live in Denver?