need info on : how to install glazier points (framing)

I have am framing pictures and have bought some "Moore Glazier Points". They are in a "T" shape that actually looks like 3 little prongs. I have the wood frame (glass removed) and want to know how to put in the glazier points. I dont' have any tools other than a hammer and screwdriver. Does anyone know how to install the glazier points and what I will need??

Reply to
KEJC

How about something like this? Cheers, JG

Reply to
JGS

The edge of a slot screwdriver will work fine. You can push them in with hand pressure. Practice with one or two on a piece of scrap so you know how to push them in with even pressure.

Reply to
Upscale

Easy. You might be able to do it with the screwdriver, but I usually use a metal putty knife with a 1" wide blade. They're cheap, and if you ask at your local hardware store they should be able to show you what I'm talking about no problem.

What you'll need to do is flip the frame on it's face, and install the glass, matting, picture, etc. Once you've got everything laid in to your satisfaction, put your backing on, and then you'll use the glazing points to hold it in place.

Here's how you do it. Start by taking one of them and laying it flat on the back. There should be a little lip sticking up near the middle of the fastener. Turn it so that the single point it pointing towards the wood and slide it against the inside of the frame. Stick the end of your screwdriver against that lip that is sticking up, and use it to push the point in with steady, even pressure. Work around the frame until you've got enough done to hold the picture in.

If the backing is even with the back of the frame, you will not be able to use glazing points- you'll have to get turn buttons, which look like little plastic ovals with a hole in them. With those, you screw or nail them onto the back of the frame, then turn the plastic bits so that they hold the picture in place.

Reply to
Prometheus

Push them with a putty knife and the added umph of a hammer if going into hard wood.

Reply to
Leon

Remind me to never ask you what time it is. I'd surely get instructions on how to build a clock. Just kidding, Pro.

Reply to
Joe Bleau