need help wiring an ac motor

Can anyone help?

I have a 1/4 hp ac motor that I am looking to make into a drum sander

ex.

the motor that I have has eight wires. The diagram is as shows

Purple ------------------ ung'd line | | brown -------\ | \ | red ---------+-------- | / |---------low voltage line (110 side) orange -------/ | 110/220 | | yellow -------\ | \ | black ---------+-------------- / white-------/

green with stripe ------ ground

It says on the label this is for cw direction and if switch the black and the red wire I get ccw direction. (or vice versa I forget which)

I bought a Double Pole Double Throw three position toggle switch (on-off-on) but I just cannot figure out the proper wiring. I want it so that I have cw on one side of the toggle - center being off and ccw on the other side of the toggle. Can this be done? - If so - can someone tell me how to wire it? If not - is it the switch or is it that I cannot do what I want with this motor. I guess I can always just use one direction but it would be nice if I can reverse it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Reply to
jreim

My guess for wiring the switch would be to attach the two power leads to the common terminals. The black and red wires would go to one on side of the switch and jumper from there to the other side but cross the wires so there on opposite sides.

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas