Need help to repair my table from burn?!?

Hello,
It's my first post here, and I have a big problem. I have done a chinese fondue tonight and after remove the tablecloth I saw a white circle on my brand new table. I'm pretty sure it's made with sandal wood. But it's seems teinted.
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010002fq8.jpg
This is a picture of my table right now.
What could be the best for me to try?
Thank you very much!
jonat
jonat wrote:

Be patient. Looks like moisture under the finish that may go away on its own.
"RayV" wrote in message

And thickly applying some plain old mayonnaise to the spot and letting it sit overnight may help that speed the process.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Thank you very much! it's very appreciated!
Old guy wrote:

Before you sand anything, try wiping it down with a decent odorless solvent. The damage may only be in the wax layer. The solvent should remove that for rewaxing.
Pete
Wow, Thank you SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! that was very appreciated, thanks for your time to write me all those comments!
Everything is now fixed, I used a little mix of all comments here.
Now this is the result
http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image 0009gq2.jpg
Thank you so much again!
jonathan
Jonat, if you're still coming around to check this thread, thanks for posting your results and the images. I like finding out how these little issues work out.
Dan
jonat wrote:

Find a cigar smoker and get the ash from a cigar, rub finish with ashes. Alternate is to use pipe ashes not as good as cigar though. Yes it does work most of the time.