Need help in deciding on exterior sealer for our cedar home

I am building a cedar home. I want to use one of the clear sealer products to seal and protect the siding. We like the natural finish and are considering one of the products that has a slight cedar tint and had uv and mildew protection. I have heard that one of the best products is the Behr No. 500 Premium Weatherproffing Wood Sealer & Finish. It is available through our Lowes for about $30/gallon. I noticed at WalMart the other day that they have another brand(forgot to get the name) that has essentially the same ingredients but sells for only $9/gallon.
I would really appreciate any advice about the best product for us to use to preserve the finish on this siding. Thanks for any help.

You will be remiss if you don't include "Rez" brand Cedar stain/finish in your consideration. I believe it's a Pittsburgh Paint product.
It is specifically designed for siding and similar exterior use.