need help estimating weight of blanket chest top

Page 2 of 2
bf wrote:

no more than 20lbs. That should be close enough to determine the needs of your safety device.
I guess if you really wanted to split hairs, though, it would depend on the width and depth of the top. I'm not sure exactly what safety devices you are using, but if they are mounted on the hinge side, the load they must support will increase as the front-to-rear depth of the top increases, right?
I am sorry Gentleman, but now I know why it is so complicated for some to change a light bulb.

snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net wrote:

defend my honor! LOL!
I totally agree with you that this isn't rocket science....and that's why I gave a very simple answer first. I merely included the second part because I felt certain that some of the more technically-minded here would be quick to point out that more than just the weight of the top figures into the equation.
Charlie
I wasn't singling you out, I just responded to you since you were the last post. I should have went back to the top to reply. I will try and remember that in the future.