Need felt or rubber pad for 1/4 sheet Proter Cable 340 palm sander.

Hi all,

I have a 1/4 sheet Porter Cable (model 340) palm sander. The pad is made out of a medium density open cell foam (sponge type foam). It only lasts for about an hour and then it starts to disintegrate.

I would like to put a felt pad or a rubber pad on it but Porter Cable does not sell one for this mashine. I called P.C. and they said that the pad for their other mashines does not fit the 340.

Does anyone know if the pads for any of the palm sander mfgs fit the Porter Cable? The hole pattern is 2.5" side to side by 3" front to back on center.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
fraziert

Why not make one out of 1/4" rubber mat material from the hardware store?

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

someone doesn't know what the heck they are talking about! I've got the same sander and I've purchased a replacement pad for about $8.00, made by Porter Cable. I got it at a local store; Post Tools, in San Jose. It's a regularly stocked item.

The bigger question is in what manner are you abusing that poor thing that the pad only lasts an hour??? I had the first pad for a couple of years and it saw a lot of duty. I replaced it because of one tear.

dave

Bay Area Dave

I was wondering the same thing.

My 340 has sanded about 1000 square feet of floor, dry wall mud and other stuff and it's still doing fine.

Reply to
Mark