need definition for carpentry term "came"

I cannot find a definition anywhere for the term "came" which I believe is a carpentry term, but it could also be a word from the construction trade as well. I found it used in a poem and I cannot understand the meaning of the poem without knowing the meaning of the word as it is used in carpentry. Here's the verse from the poem:

Goosebumps leave a trail to be followed, a roey grain. Are there secret compartments chamfered in your soul? A place where no one has been? Or, can I peer behind the came through leaded glass doors to see what heirlooms lie within?

Thanks so much!

Reply to
angela.al1018

came is a stained glass term. it means the lead connection pieces between the glass pieces in a stained glass panel.

regards, charlie

charlie

Reply to
alexy

Who chamfers secret compartments? Mine are all beaded and fluted. ;)

RicodJour

Angela

Reply to
angela.al1018

Angela

-- btw: you may also see it as calme, in very old (mostly victorian) writing. it's still pronounced came (with a silent l).

Reply to
charlie

I think mine are still waiting for the glue to dry so I can take the nails out..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:55:16 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote (in article ):

A Came is the opaque non-glass component in a leaded light. Not really a carpentry term. M'self, I'm having more problems parsing "chamfered" unless it's alliteratively punning "chambered" for the sake of some personal metaphor wot I isn't getting.

Keep in touch :-)

Reply to
Bored Borg