need custom wood blanks cut

I am trying to find someone that has a auto-shaper of some kind to cut out some wood fishing lures for my business. I can find folks with CNC machines to cut out flat sided shapes for me but then I have to router the edges and I don't want to do this. I understand that there are auto-shapers out there that will not cut and round all the edges. The lures are about 7-10 inches long and I want them to come to my door ready for the next stage.....no sanding necessary.

Can someone tell me where I might be able to find this service or at least tell me what kind of keywords I should be searching for online?

Thank you!!

II

Reply to
countinsheep

Find someone with a CNC that knows what he's doing. What you are asking is easily doable.

Reply to
CW

I agree , a cnc router should be able to cut out and round over the edges of all your parts .

There might be some jig required but that should not be a major problem .

Any places that laser cut wood shapes wont be able to do your job.

If you need a clean sanded finish you can always tumble them with an abrasive .

What sort of quantities did you need and out of what material ?

Reply to
marks542004

What kind of shapes are you talking about?

If they're round in cross section, anyone with a lathe and a duplicator should be able to crank them out very quickly- there are plenty of guys who do this to make fishing lures.

If they're really oddly shaped, you could try giving a shout at Morris Dovey on this list, I know he has a pretty impressive CNC router setup, and from what I've seen of him here, I'd have no worries about sending him work.

Reply to
Prometheus