need castor info

I plan on building a roll around shop assembly bench simular to the one Mark posted. Question I had was which castors would be less prone to get flat spots from sitting in one place, plastic or the rubber? So far found the castors at Grizzly's web site to be the best bang for the buck.
--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.

The plastic *CASTERS* from Grizzly work fine for me.
Max D.
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:24:28 -0600, Max wrote

I bought four of the 4"x 1-1/4" casters from www.surpluscenter.com They were very nice with a most excellent foot brake. These have the rubber over steel an I keep about 100 pounds per wheel on them, no signs of flattening.
-Bruce

Hard plastic - but I prefer the rubber now after having used both.

HF has some too. But after having built a few now, I know that casters, like clamps, are not something to cheapen out on. I'll gladly pay extra for the better ones now.
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:36:56 +0000, Mike S. wrote:

I've used the Grizzly casters. They worked OK in my application (shop carts) but if I had it to do over again I'd spend more for better quality. The carts have been in service for several months, but I don't think the Grizzly units will last.