Need cabinet and/or drawer refacing in Colorado

I had some cabinets built by a "cabinetmaker" who did a cr*ppy job- veneers started lifting before he was even done and he hasn't/won't do the repairs. The cabinet doors are ok, but I'd like a hard finish put on them instead of the oil finish, and I need the door fronts redone. They're simple maple. If you do the work or have a recommendation, please email me.

Since I would have been happier with anything of the Home Depot variety, I even consider a commercial refacing company. It can't be worse than Mark Wood's "Elk Ridge construction" job (or whatever he's calling himself back in Iowa now) :-((

===== Kate,

"You can tell the quality of a person by how they treat people they don't need." ~ a wise dad

For older attached kids' parents. :-)

Reply to
Kate

hi kate where are you located in co.? bob

Reply to
Minorite

Kate this seems a case where you could take him to small claims court, where you represent yourself before a judge. At least you should be able tp recoup your losses or at least get a judgement to cover correcting the difficiencies in the work ....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

boulder

Reply to
Kate

yeah, I know. I need to find him though, don't I? he left Greely and moved back to someplace in Iowa where he grew up. he only used cell phones since he was never home... John Kemp of Timberlake Builders recommended him, but as it turns out, he left the job unfinished after failing to record a $24,000 payment- and afgter he had paid Mark Wood for the cabinets. I'm sure John has contact information on Mark but he sure isn't giving it to me.

sad that these people came highly recommended for some odd reason...

===== Kate,

URL) "You can tell the quality of a person by how they treat people they don't need." ~ a wise dad