Need Beading Shaper Cutter

Hello,
I have an application where I need to make a 1/4" diameter bead on the face (show) edge of a 2 1/4" x 3/4" door frame. I have found many cutters that can do this, but I cannot find one where the straight parts of the profile are less than 1/8".
If you take a look at this cutter (http://www.routerbitsonline.com/shapers/stock/fingerjoint.html ), for example, the straight portions of the cutter are 1/8" long. I need them to be 1/16". If you know where I can find one that's 1/4" diameter and 1/16" on each side of the curve (totaling 3/8" cutting height) I'd greatly appreciate the information.
TIA
-m
Mike Pio wrote:

Use a 1/4 round bit on both edges...you can adjust the straight part to be whatever you want.
-- dadiOH ____________________________
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:44:37 -0700, the blithe spirit "Mike Pio"

The lifetime of a narrow bit like that would surely be too short. Good luck finding one. I suggest calling manufacturers direct.
-- Like they say, 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name. ------------------------------------------------------ http://diversify.com Lawyer-free Website Development
Mike Pio wrote:

I doubt you will find one off the shelf w/ that narrow a section.
I think you'll have to either grind a HSS cutter or have a custom one made or find another way to do this specific cut.

If no luck, use the one you reference, and resaw. You'll find a use for 1/8" sometime.
Mike Pio wrote:

Anything here?
Picture isn't working sigh. http://www.kempston.ca/products/beading%20bits%20-%20302.htm
Main page... http://www.kempston.ca /
Mike Pio wrote:

1/4" bead, and not a lot of straight edge.