Need advice from woodworking guys

I stomp my feet and brush off my clothes. Using the DC helps a lot. I have two rubber mats that I use before entering the house. Some sawdust still gets in the house, though. I seem to have problems with sawdust in pockets.

Reply to
Phisherman

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:13:27 GMT, TWS vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

This was one of the first things I was taught NOT to do with compressed air.

Jeeezus! IIRC we had a guy here saying he blows the dust off the inside of his glasses (implication was that he was wearing them! Maybe I misunderstood.)

I thought he was joking.

Reply to
Old Nick

We are terrible housekeepers, and I am in and out of the shop continually throughout the day. I vacuum myself if I've been sanding, or turning. Run an air filter when I need to. Sweep once a week whether I need to or not. But the best thing is an astroturf mat between the shop area and the rest of the garage.

Now if I could just get my 9 y.o. to stop walking out there in his stocking feet.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

That's a good warning!

I don't ever point the gun at my head or neck.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I have to smile when I read about all these people who use aprons, smocks, and other such garb while woodworking. I live in a rather warm part of the world. We practically work naked for a better part of the year. Oh yeah and its wet sometimes. In the last 24 hours, some surrounding areas are reporting 20 inches of rain. Dry wood is a relative term around here.

Glub, Glub Gurgle.

Bob Davis Houston, Texas

Reply to
Bob

Please don't post binaries to rec.woodworking.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

or anywhere else for that matter...

TWS

Reply to
TWS

Reply to
firstjois

Geez, thanks for the info. I will be sure to discharge the sprayer toward the floor before I use it on ANYTHING any more. Shuddering... TWS

Reply to
TWS

Regardless, don't use the damn things on people. Tain't worth it. You don't even need a sliver if you have an old (or user-modified new) blowgun without the side holes - the air itself can open a hole. Use a brush.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Shower and changing room between basement and house? lol

2 things come to mind, since it's a basement shop.. the obvious is for hubby to vacuum himself off before he leaves the shop, (sounds weird, but a lot of us do this), and take off his shoes before he comes in the house.. the other thing is something like doormats that trap dirt and sawdust on the stairs from shop to house..
Reply to
mac davis

Mental note never visit wood workers in Texas, I really don't need any more nightmares!

I were my apron as protection as much as to keep clean

Reply to
Richard Clements

Richard Clements wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@usenet01.boi.hp.com:

This sounds like my wife. Cindy, is this you? LOL

A lot of what gets tracked around was actually on my shoes, so I always wipe them real good before leaving my shop. We also got a roomba robotic vacuum which is good at picking up the fine sawdust that seems to seep into the house.

Good luck and have a dust-free Thanksgiving.

Reply to
Frank Omhar

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:01:14 GMT, "rj" spake the words:

What, y'all don't have downdraft floor mats installed at the entrance to the little home attached to your shop?

i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online

Larry Jaques