need advice for attaching "grill" to mirror frame

I am attempting to reproduce the following mirror frame: http://wrightcatalog.stores.yahoo.net/ellismirror.html
Everything looks simple, but I do not know how I should attach the interior grill to the outer mirror frame. I am going to make the grill 3/8" thick and it will be flush with the outer surface of the frame. The frame will be 3/4" thick with an inner 3/8" rabbet to accept the mirror. That leaves a 3/8" lip on frame where the grill will attach. There seems like there should be a customary way of attaching this grill to the outer frame (other than gluing it to the mirror itself). Any suggestions?
Thanks
little tiny mortise and tennon joints.
Tue, Apr 17, 2007, 9:52am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net doth query: <snip> Any suggestions? Well, from the way you describe how you're doing it, the word "glue" springs to mind. Otherwise, the word "notches" springs to mind.
JOAT I have anal glaucoma. I can't see my ass going to work today.