Need a Stanley 40?

I stumbled across a podcast series that was a lot like peanuts, I couldn't watch just one. (This probably says more about me than I want any psychakesist to know)
They were all interesting, in their own way, then there was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBnTOGc-2w

The really surprising thing is, it actually works.
Hey, a fun project for $9.99, who could resist, right?
Deb

Thanks, Deb. Fun vids.
-- We are always the same age inside. -- Gertrude Stein
I've got one of those planes. It did NOT work "right out of the box" (except as a paper weight). The blade has a back bevel that will require grinding an eighth inch or more from the end. Not having a good way to do that properly (accurately), I just used thge blade to learn how to use my Veritas sharpening guide. The hold-down cap is another problem, but for $10 plus tax (gotta look for more discount coupons!), it's not worth taking back.

Dan, read the post!!
Of course it does not work. But the modification does, and THAT is what the post was about.
Deb
lektric dan wrote:

"lektric dan" wrote in message wrote:

and blade reground. Tried it out. Works great, or so it did 15 years ago. It's been sitting on the shelf that long.