Need a scope -- Part II

Page 1 of 2
Thanks for the good ideas. This is a top drawer. I've removed the drawer beneath with the hopes of removing the drawer slides of the offending drawer. No luck as they are side mounted. Looks like I am going to cut an access in the drawer bottom and start pulling stuff out until it will open.
By the way, she also managed to jam shut a drawer in an antique china cabinet. On that one, I'm going to ponder some more before cutting.
Larry
Larry wrote:

Seems your short on storage space. Or to many junk drawers. Or a wife thats short on "cause and effect"....
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
On 4/10/2011 12:38 PM, Rich wrote:

Mostly 2 and 3.

Y'know, we haven't asked you how far the drawer WILL open. If you can open it at least an inch or so, a distributor wrench will work for you.
-- If you're looking for the key to the Universe, I've got some good news and some bad news.
The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.
The good news: It was never locked. --Swami Beyondananda

HMMMMM. This might be worse than I thought during my earlier post.
Cherry bomb?
RonB

Take your time pondering. The longer the drawer is out of commission the longer she has to ponder how it happened in the first place. Some whining and moaning & groaning on your part about ruining the drawer and/or needing to buy a new tool or three to fix it is also in order. Art
"Artemus" wrote

The Jaws of Life??
On Apr 10, 3:37pm, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

Mechanics telescoping magnet?

RE the china cabinet, maybe take the back off...
John
Larry wrote:

I still have to wonder whether you've given your hammer a fair chance at this problem? Don't be afraid to "shake things up" a bit. Good luck!
Bill

What Bill said. I'd bang on the bottom of that drawer quite a bit before I'd resort to cutting. Is prying the back off possible?

Do you have a HF/Fein multitool? Maybe you should try cutting the drawer apart at the edges, and then the first post said something about wanting a new miter saw, so maybe you could find a "need" for it to repair the drawer?
:-)
Puckdropper

Kind of slow on the draw there buddy. In the first ten minutes, I'd have ripped the drawer front off in a failed attempt to fix the problem and 'needed' several tools to remedy the damage. And, I'd have made myself look good doing it.

At the minimum a $ 100.00 Granfors wrecking bar.
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:57:46 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

The $169 Gransfors Swedish Carving Axe is just what the doc ordered.
-- If you're looking for the key to the Universe, I've got some good news and some bad news.
The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.
The good news: It was never locked. --Swami Beyondananda

Ohh thatsa beauty alright.....
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:06:37 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

I cheaped out and got this one (shown in cutaway) which stays in my truck. http://goo.gl/YCzVQ
-- If you're looking for the key to the Universe, I've got some good news and some bad news.
The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.
The good news: It was never locked. --Swami Beyondananda

Under the seat?
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 00:10:46 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Yeah, with the pick and shovel, tarp, and squeegee.
-- If you're looking for the key to the Universe, I've got some good news and some bad news.
The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.
The good news: It was never locked. --Swami Beyondananda

Yeah I know... Moments after I posted, I read the message that said the problem was solved.
Oh well...
Puckdropper