Need a quick fix for a counter top.

I have a small area that 3 chairs in front of it, bar hight. It is semi-circular, 67" wide, and 18" at its widest. Anyway, I screwed in a piece of Avantek and got the shape down. I won't have time to do something nice before Thanksgiving, so I was going to cut a piece of

1/8" plywood to the same shape, glue it on, and then paint it. The sole purpose here is to just buy me a little time until after the holidays and I get my shop set up (we just moved) so that we can use it to socialize.

Will this work, gluing 1/8 ply to Avantek?

I only have 1 day to do this, and pretty much all hand tools.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jtpr

I googled Avantek and it only showed electronic equipment. Did you mis-spell it ?

Smitty

Reply to
papadoo1

Yes, I did. It is Advantech:

jtpr

Sure, why not?

Reply to
dadiOH

Jim,

Spec sheet says you can use glue's - such as when installing the panels to joists or gluing down a carpet. Which brought to mind - carpet tape. Non-permanent, easy to apply, no messy glue, instant stick and you can remove it later. You won't need much - a few strips will do to hold the ply flat.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Yep, that stuff *will* stick. I just pulled a small wooden piece off a wall where it was stuck with a 6" piece of it. When I pulled it off, with a bit of difficulty, it pulled the paper facing off of the drywall. The Advantech appears to be a specially designed version of OSB so you may pull a few of the strands up when you remove the tape. Use less than you think you will need and it should do the job for you with minimal damage.

Reply to
C & E