Need a quick fix for a counter top.

I have a small area that 3 chairs in front of it, bar hight. It is semi-circular, 67" wide, and 18" at its widest. Anyway, I screwed in a piece of Avantek and got the shape down. I won't have time to do something nice before Thanksgiving, so I was going to cut a piece of 1/8" plywood to the same shape, glue it on, and then paint it. The sole purpose here is to just buy me a little time until after the holidays and I get my shop set up (we just moved) so that we can use it to socialize.
Will this work, gluing 1/8 ply to Avantek?
I only have 1 day to do this, and pretty much all hand tools.
Thanks, Jim

I googled Avantek and it only showed electronic equipment. Did you mis-spell it ?
Smitty

Yes, I did. It is Advantech:
http://huberwood.com/main.aspx?pagename vantechflooring
-Jim
jtpr wrote:

Sure, why not?
--

dadiOH

Jim,
Spec sheet says you can use glue's - such as when installing the panels to joists or gluing down a carpet. Which brought to mind - carpet tape. Non-permanent, easy to apply, no messy glue, instant stick and you can remove it later. You won't need much - a few strips will do to hold the ply flat.
Bob S.

Yep, that stuff *will* stick. I just pulled a small wooden piece off a wall where it was stuck with a 6" piece of it. When I pulled it off, with a bit of difficulty, it pulled the paper facing off of the drywall. The Advantech appears to be a specially designed version of OSB so you may pull a few of the strands up when you remove the tape. Use less than you think you will need and it should do the job for you with minimal damage.