Need a part for delta jointer

I broke my lever on my delta jointer 37-195 Part # 1346765 It shows as obsolete and not carried by any of the online parts houses I have checked with so far.
Do any of you have an old jointer you destroyed that has the lever? I can't change the depth of cut now without pulling on the wire manually.
Its white pot metal, so welding it won't work. JB Weld probably won't hold...
I could go to a machine shop and have them make me one out of AL... probably 200 for a $5 part.
Cancel that, I found 1 left in the US.. a call to my local service net and they were able to locate one... The only one he says he can find.. I called and the shipping is horrendous but I'll have it in 2 -3 days. UPS soaks you these days.
On 7/9/2012 3:35 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

On 7/9/2012 3:10 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Have it shipped in one of those flat rate boxes and or one from the P.O. I suspect you are paying for the 2~3 day service rather than the normal 6~7.
They would not use USPS. Only UPS. I asked. almost $11 for a 1-2 ounce piece of potted metal..
You would hope that they would use the flat rate it's way cheaper. Even if you don't do flat rate, it's still way cheaper.

That lever design is very similar to levers for brakes on bicycles.... some older 3 speed bikes? Maybe a similar size is available at a bike shop. Or an old trottle lever for a 3 wheeler?
There are, and I can't swear to any service, that can do a "3-D" image and print of almost anything.
3-D printing is coming of age and there are a LOT of places that will make a heavy plastic, or metal, component from that image.
Not sure what you're paying for everything, but next time you need a part, you might want to look around.
MJ
Right now the 3-d printing is only plastic from what I know of. I don't think it would be strong enough. But I don't know for sure.