Need a part for an old hand plane

Restoring an old Millers Falls #10 plane (scrub plane? jack? not sure of exact type). Everything's ready to go, except that I ended up destroying the big brass blade-depth adjusting screw (don't ask). Anyone know where I might find a replacement (apart from finding another plane to cannibalize)?
Many thanks to any helpful pointers.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Take a look at the following link. All the parts are not listed on line, but are in the print catalog. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=hand+plane&btnSearch=GO&Page=1
Deb
On 4/27/2009 5:22 AM Dr. Deb spake thus:

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=hand+plane&btnSearch=GO&Page=1
Turns out they can do a lot for me. Thanks for the link.
I called (nice to have a toll-free # to call), and not only did they have the adjusting nut (not a screw as I said--shame on me!), but an entire "kit" including all screws on the plane and the nut for less than another place suggested here (antique-used-tools.com) wanted just for the nut ($14.95 for the kit vs. $15.95 just for the nut). Ordered and on its way.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

Try here: http://www.antique-used-tools.com /
If you don't see a listing for what you're looking for on the web site, contact Bob Kaune directly to see if has what you need.

[...]
Another option would be post about this on the Neander forum at Sawmill Creek[1]. There are several people there that could machine a new replacement part for you.
[1]: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Take it round to a friend with a metal turning lathe. Easy enough thing to reproduce.
If you have to cut an internal thread into a knob and don't fancy cutting an internal thread on a lathe (funny threads, left hand adjusters etc.) just turn up a tap from silver steel, then harden it. It'll be good enough to cut a one-off into brass.
On 4/27/2009 10:21 AM Andy Dingley spake thus:

Thanks, but at $15 for a kit that includes every screw in the plane, I think I'll take the easy way out here. (Besides, no friend w/lathe.)
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself