Need A Paint Recommendation

.... For treated pine porch boards, exterior application.

Anyone have any experience with this product or have any comments about this product:

Sonny

experience with this product or have any comments about this product: http ://

ed-Charleston-Exterior-Coating-49510/202679783#.UfHZKqUo7rc

On a deck, rather than a porch.

Reply to
Sonny

--------------------------------------------------------- No, but at $78/can, it better do something good.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I am considering it myself... So is a friend...

So I am interested in your responses.

Reply to
woodchucker

I saw a TV home fix-it-up on that product and it's "not really" paint but a very thick, fill in the cracks kind of covering to help restore very old,cracked deck boards.

The results looked OK, but I would replace the boards over that method.

Reply to
Pat Barber

ut a very thick, fill in the cracks kind of covering to help restore very o ld,cracked deck boards. The results looked OK, but I would replace the boar ds over that method.

Thanks Pat. The deck in question is reported to have some slight condition issues, so this product may be a temp fix until the decking definitely war rants replacing. I'll pass the info on and hope to get some feedback, once applied, and a future report of its resulting wear/lasting conditions.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Cabots is a good product. john

.... For treated pine porch boards, exterior application.

Anyone have any experience with this product or have any comments about this product:

jloomis

Not all that great. I used their white solid stain for a PT railing around a small desk. Within two years, it started peeling off. Rather than scraping and sanding, it'll be less work to just replace it and then using a regular outdoor paint. I had better luck with their non-solid cedar satin on the decking.

Reply to
willshak