Need A New Jigsaw

Page 2 of 2

I can't post to abpw, but I can to Flickr. Here are two I recently did. http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?saved=1
I have 2 more to do.... started one today.
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

looks good Here's acouple I 've done along with an ottoman http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/chairman57/

Very nice. I like the masculine one..... gives me an idea for one of my bedrooms.
Sonny
On Fri, 25 May 2012 12:52:08 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

I forgot to mention that mine was a reconditioned item. I'm convinced that they're a good buy. I've had a couple of manufacturer's reps tell me that the reconditioned products go through a much more complete inspection than the originals do.

On Fri, 25 May 2012 19:55:32 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

Many "reconditioned" tools and appliances are actually brand new, just marked that way so they can sell them at a lower price and not piss off regular retailers.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have no idea about that (can you provide any sort of documentation for that?) The warranty period seems to be much shorter the those in the reconditioned category, so even if they are the same they are not identical. %-)

One reason the warranty period is shorter is to reduce costs.
As for documentation, I've been in a couple of factories (when the made stuff in the US) and saw it being done. Just as thee are many brands of appliance coming down the same assembly line using the same parts with different front panels and labels.
Larry Blanchard wrote:

I have no problems with recons, have several tools and TVs and they have worked flawlessly for years
ChairMan wrote:

I appreciate feedback like that. Thanks! Anyone here have bad experiences on the contrary side?
Bill wrote:

yer welcome
On 5/25/2012 11:10 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Agreed. Besides reconditioned tools from the local Porter Cable service center, my last three laptops have been "certified refurbished" from Dell's Outlet Store.
Have always found factory reconditioned products to be a good buy.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

most of the time I'll look for recons before I buy anything because they're good buys

http://www.coastaltool.com/bosch/1590evsl.htm $169 plus a blade pack
http://www.coastaltool.com/bosch/1591evsl.htm $175 with blade pack

I tried one of the barrel grip Bosches at a tool show and much preferred it to the top grip. YMMV
-- When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake. -- Stephanie Barron (Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)

Coastal. There was a Bosch instant rebat of $20. so the bottom line was $149. plus $8.50 shipping. I'm happy but I'm sad also. The 1587 was the first 'serious' tool I ever purchased and it took the place of many other saws for a good long time. tb
On 5/24/2012 2:22 PM, Sonny wrote:

I purchased a Makita 4329 for around the house. It's simple and light to hold but cuts smooth and quiet. Boy is it quiet. It will take Bosch blades I beleive.
It'll do 2 1/2 inches thick but I haven't tried anything over 1 3/4" but it kept up with that
If it's too small for your needs there is a couple sizes up.
Most likely you'll be going Bosch by the looks of this thread but I thought I would put a plug in for Makita.

Bosch 1591. Mine's been through everything from galvanized pipe to roofing and still works like new.
On 5/24/2012 11:22 AM, Sonny wrote:

Bosch corded is what everybody else copied. They also make the very best blades.