Need A New Jigsaw

$169 plus a blade pack

$175 with blade pack

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Many "reconditioned" tools and appliances are actually brand new, just marked that way so they can sell them at a lower price and not piss off regular retailers.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I tried one of the barrel grip Bosches at a tool show and much preferred it to the top grip. YMMV

-- When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake. -- Stephanie Barron (Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

post some pics in ABPW, I'd be interested to see 'em I think you'll like the Bosch, just don't get in a hurry if your cutting curves in 2x6 for the frame, the blade drifts a bit in thicker materials

Reply to
ChairMan

I have no problems with recons, have several tools and TVs and they have worked flawlessly for years

Reply to
ChairMan

I have no idea about that (can you provide any sort of documentation for that?) The warranty period seems to be much shorter the those in the reconditioned category, so even if they are the same they are not identical. %-)

Reply to
Bill

I can't post to abpw, but I can to Flickr. Here are two I recently did.

have 2 more to do.... started one today.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I appreciate feedback like that. Thanks! Anyone here have bad experiences on the contrary side?

Reply to
Bill

One reason the warranty period is shorter is to reduce costs.

As for documentation, I've been in a couple of factories (when the made stuff in the US) and saw it being done. Just as thee are many brands of appliance coming down the same assembly line using the same parts with different front panels and labels.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Agreed. Besides reconditioned tools from the local Porter Cable service center, my last three laptops have been "certified refurbished" from Dell's Outlet Store.

Have always found factory reconditioned products to be a good buy.

Reply to
Swingman

I purchased a Makita 4329 for around the house. It's simple and light to hold but cuts smooth and quiet. Boy is it quiet. It will take Bosch blades I beleive.

It'll do 2 1/2 inches thick but I haven't tried anything over 1 3/4" but it kept up with that

If it's too small for your needs there is a couple sizes up.

Most likely you'll be going Bosch by the looks of this thread but I thought I would put a plug in for Makita.

Reply to
Duesenberg

Bosch 1591. Mine's been through everything from galvanized pipe to roofing and still works like new.

Reply to
Father Haskell

most of the time I'll look for recons before I buy anything because they're good buys

Reply to
ChairMan

looks good Here's acouple I 've done along with an ottoman

ChairMan

yer welcome

Reply to
ChairMan

The time came to replace my 1587 so I bought the 1590 yesterday from Coastal. There was a Bosch instant rebat of $20. so the bottom line was $149. plus $8.50 shipping. I'm happy but I'm sad also. The 1587 was the first 'serious' tool I ever purchased and it took the place of many other saws for a good long time. tb

Reply to
tommyboy

ottoman

nice. I like the masculine one..... gives me an idea for one of my bedrooms.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Bosch corded is what everybody else copied. They also make the very best blades.

Reply to
Pat Barber