Need a little education on air hoses

Page 2 of 2

Just a note on air hose use: 3/8" for Air wrenches/drills HVLP Spray guns. 1/4" for nail guns/ shop blow guns, small sanders ect.
Rubber, heavy, durable somewhat stiff. PCV, lighter, prone to snags, pinches and punctures. Pre-coiled - PITA - short ones can be convenient.
My new favorite: Do a search for PUR-hose. I am now a confirmed believer. (Amazon.com product link shortened)
These hoses are great. They are light, durable and very flexible. They coil nicely and are not prone to snagging. I love'em.
Dave

You ever get the feeling that people ask the questions they see in the table of content at magazines while checking out at Lowes? :)
ShopNotes Vol 14, Issue 81 "Ultimate Sharpening Station" on the cover.
Covers the hose issue pretty well.

I recently picked up a used Emglo compressor and a finish nailer to do some trim work. I bought the clear blue braid-reinforced poly- urethane hose from a contractors supply house. It is supple and very lightweight (I got 50' of 1/4") and supposed to be very abrasion resistant and not get stiff in the cold (though I haven't tested these claims.) It was about $30. It really is so light that you hardly notice you're connected to a hose.
Jeff Dantzler