Need a decent guard for a Grizzly table saw. Penn State??

OK after a couple of years of constantly fiddling with the grizzly guard and then not using it, I finally managed to nick my finger. Not badly, but enough to realise it could have been so much worse.

It's time to get a decent guard.

I've been looking particularly at the penn state guard for $200but searching the group it seems to have got a poor report. Can anyone suggest a better option (preferably not too much more expensive).

Also, I've been looking for a splitter that will fit the grizzly. I liked the one that fits the jet tables and is quick to pop up and down (biesmayer ?) but couldn't find anything similar for the grizzly.

I have a Grizzly 1023 saw.

Many thanks,

J.

Reply to
JP

I installed the Delta Unigaurd on my 1023 a few years ago. Costs around $260 and works great. I was also able to adapt the Delta splitter to work with the saw. I cut off a small section of the Grizzly splitter and had it welded on tho the Delta as a spacer. This allowed the splitter to line up correctly with the blade. Easy to remove and install, simple thumbscrew. Can provide photo if you'd like.

Mike

Reply to
Rachocki

Yes please, that would be very kind. I'll look at the uniguard too.

Cheers,

J.

Reply to
JP

Delta Removable Splitter

Delta P/N 1349941 (left or right tilt) $34.70

Available at

or anyplace that sells Delta parts. It fit fine on my 1023 without any modification, except for some shims for centering the splitter in the kerf. The splitter is held in by a thumbscrew below the throat insert. The instructions stink a little bit, though.

No connection to sawcenter.com, just a happy customer.

--Greg

PS--Wherever you get your parts from, be sure to get the offset outside wrench P/N 422-39-101-0001 Price: $4.55. Best $5 I ever spent.

This email address is registered with the Washington State Attorney General's office and WAISP.

Unsolicited Commercial Email sent to this address in violation of RCW 19.190.020 is subject to civil penalties of $500 per offense.