Nebiw question on raised panel doors

Page 2 of 3

Locutus wrote:

I see,so wouldnt the sensible thing to do then is not reply to his post.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

alexy wrote:

What is uncalled for? Letting other readers of this group know that the OP has posted in dozens of forums the same questions he posts here: "I have this tool... and I can't get it to work right..."
Maybe others didn't know the OP is an attention seeker that repeatedly posts vague unanswerable questions in other forums as well as this one.
RayV wrote:

Does it make you feel like a BIG man to humiliate people? How about this post YOU wrote you whiny little prick:
http://tinyurl.com/zhusa

ummm... that was another post by stryped. You are just adding to his humiliation. Good job!

On the one hand, that link is completely irrelevant. On the other, it establishes him as a troll. The woodworking questions are just maybe serious, but no one in (in their right mind or otherwise) would post something like that.

Then you haven't been reading the right books -- and you haven't been using Google either. [...]

That is the essence of the problem.
--
Regards,

One more thing, strypie: turn that damn x-no-archive thing OFF.
--
Regards,

Then take a freakin woodworking course!
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

while
by
He's
Actually, I've tried to help the lad a time or two, but finally gave up ... and not from being uncharitable ... but because there is something uniquely disturbing about questions being deliberately and calculatingly worded (witness similar behavior in other groups) in such a manner that the answer must necessarily encompass the entire history of the subject in order to suffice.
In any event, my hats off to those who continue to attempt to do so ... you're a better man than me, I'll freely admit.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06

I haven't done so -- yet -- but I'm considering adding that to the TrollFilter. Opinions, anyone?
--
Regards,

He is definitely a troll with a shtick. Though I do enjoy reading the replies.

I agree. Not to pick on this poster in particular, but rather the existence of the no-archive flag, if you can test for that, on the principal that if someone doesn't want his questions to stay around for others' benefit, maybe he shouldn't benefit from the answers.

stryped wrote:

I know the answer to all three questions but I'm not going to tell your x-no-archive:yes butt. _______________

Ojala' que tengas suerte. ________________

I know but I'm not going to tell your x-no-archive:yes butt.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

What is the purpose in that? Do you not realize that as soon as someone quotes your post in a response, it gets archived anyway? Turn the damn thing off.

Fortunately, most of the contributors to this group do *not* turn on the 'no-archive' attribute. That way, there are plenty of posts available for you to search.
Unfortunately, you haven't yet learned how to do that. Please learn soon.
--
Regards,
<<What is the purpose in that? Do you not realize that as soon as someone quotes your post in a response, it gets archived anyway? Turn the damn thing off.>>
What makes you think he knows how?
Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon wrote:

A quote of Stryped's from a previous thread in this newsgroup:
> I put the x-no-archive because I want to. If you dont like it it is a > free country read someone elses post. I cant understand why it bothers > anyone. I put it on there on all my posts, even in other groups.
Chris

He figured out how to turn it on; he can damn well figure out how to turn it off, too. He's been asked several times to do that, and has explicitly refused.
--
Regards,

I think this might be the straw....
stryped (in Path: news.qwest.net!mpls-num-01.inet.qwest.net!mpls-txt-03.inet.qwest.net!f eed.news.qwest.net!mpls-nntp-04.inet.qwest.net!news.glorb.com!postnews .google.com!e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Subject: Nebiw question on raised panel doors Date: 13 Sep 2006 05:20:43 -0700 Organization: http://groups.google.com Lines: 15
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.135.6.210 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" X-Trace: posting.google.com 1158150048 5640 127.0.0.1 (13 Sep 2006 12:20:48 GMT) X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@google.com NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:20:48 +0000 (UTC) User-Agent: G2/1.0 X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe) Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@google.com Injection-Info: e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com; posting-host!6.135.6.210; posting-account=uFbpNAwAAABLXVl0awdsQqqO0E1bJXwr Xref: news.qwest.net rec.woodworking:1042743):
[ Because this is a question other new woodworkers might ask, I have removed your request for non-archival to permit those people to find both question and responses in usenet archives. While you may prefer the the newsgroup serve only your interests, /I/ prefer that my responses be available to anyone who might benefit from reading both. ]
| My kitchen cabinet doors have a rounded over inside edge on the | rails and stiles. How are those put on there? I mean, are they | machine before assembly or after? And how woudl I duplicate it at | home?
Most probably with a roundover router bit (or molding cutter on a shaper) before assembly. In a home shop, I'd suggest a roundover router bit equipped with a pilot bearing.
| The reason I ask is sometime down the road I want to build a cabinet | ove rmy toilet in the bathroom to match my sink cabinet.
I would suggest you cut the roundover prior to assembly with a bit equipped with a pilot bearing. You'd find it impossible to rout the roundover at the inside corners after assembly.
| Also, in a magazine I have they sell for the router a "rail and | style" bit. It looks sort of like it puts a toungu and grove in | wood. What are these used for?
These bits are used to make all of the molding cuts of rails and stiles in a single pass, as opposed to multiple passes with more bits with different profiles.