Nebiw question on raised panel doors

Page 1 of 3

x-no-archive:yes
My kitchen cabinet doors have a rounded over inside edge on the rails and stiles. How are those put on there? I mean, are they machine before assembly or after? And how woudl I duplicate it at home?
The reason I ask is sometime down the road I want to build a cabinet ove rmy toilet in the bathroom to match my sink cabinet.
Also, in a magazine I have they sell for the router a "rail and style" bit. It looks sort of like it puts a toungu and grove in wood. What are these used for?
Thanks!
stryped wrote:

DAGS!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=making+raised+panel+doors&btnG=Google+Search
or
http://tinyurl.com/g42op
You really need to take a woodworking course. My guess is you make the rounded over inside edge with the router bits you ask about down below, but perhaps you could post a picture of what you are referring to, to be sure.

"Toller" wrote in message

Somehow he/she/it continually proves there is such a thing as a stupid question.
Not to mention that, IMO, flipping the "no archive" bit is anti-social in a group that's main thrust is as a repository of woodworking lore/knowledge.
And the F*&^#ing questions are so general as to be obtuse:
"I have a pile of wood, can I build a house out of it?"
That's why I have it filtered ... which more would do so until it learns to contribute, even if only passively by putting some thought into these questions.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06

Bad day?
I haven't read a post here in probably 6 months and I see the crap still lives!
It's a shame no one wants to give a civil answer.
Looks like this news group should be retired now that we have the almighty Google.

Then you haven't seen strypie's posting history...

The problem here is one newbie who posts the same questions repeatedly, while never making the least effort at all to answer his own questions, either by experimentation or by Googling. He seems unaware of the existence of woodworking books, libraries, or bookstores. He's been politely asked repeatedly to turn off the 'no-archive' crap in his posts, and refuses. He's worn out his own welcome.
--
Regards,
Ah, Ok, now I see!
I just dont understand. Doug Miller wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-21,GGLG:en&q=how+do+rail+and+stile+bits+work
Look man, I don't know about the other folks here, but I'm a complete newbie to a lot of this stuff. I'm in a very similar boat to yours. You ask pretty good questions; ones most newbies like me would ask. It seems to me that you're interested in this as a hobby, which is awesome. Then you add the whole no archive thing, which is odd. It's especially odd when you consider the other newsgroups you post in, and decide to not have your messages archived. It just seems to me that you're not willing to add anything to the group, but just take away what you need and give nothing back. There have been many very helpful, insightful posts made in response to your questions and every time you post a message with that no archive thing, it seems like you're just wanting people to help only you and anyone who comes after you with the same question is on their own. I personally stopped even considering responding to your questions with what little knowledge I possess because your habits here have irked me. And yes that is my problem, and I'm not expecting you to really care. I'm mainly responding with my opinion on this because you said that you didn't understand why people are getting grouchy with you, and I'm throwing in my interpretation of things. I have a feeling that if I had been one of the ones spending lots of time and effort helping you, I probably would be less than pleased.
-Nathan stryped wrote:

stryped wrote: <snip>

I didn't understand either but once I went to this link it wall clear to me:
http://tinyurl.com/zrwag

No wonder he has a new found obsession with wood.....
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.impotence/browse_thread/thread/a36ba8598ff2766b/0aa422994d85dd51?lnk=st&q=-rec.woodworking&rnum=4#0aa422994d85dd51 Man, you've got to feel some empathy for this respondent. Tom Locutus wrote:

And he changed his name to "Chris", also. Tom tom wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.impotence/browse_thread/thread/a36ba8598ff2766b/0aa422994d85dd51?lnk=st&q=-rec.woodworking&rnum=4#0aa422994d85dd51

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.impotence/browse_thread/thread/a36ba8598ff2766b/0aa422994d85dd51?lnk=st&q=-rec.woodworking&rnum=4#0aa422994d85dd51
Guess we should also feel some empathy for your lack of a life. Think about it. You're following the exploits of a guy with sexual problems.

Uncalled for. I don't like his no-archive crap either, but what does this add to the conversation? I personally think he should continue to use his no-archive bit when dealing with personal issues, and leave them off when dealing with general info thinks like on this forum.

Well, apparently the no-archive flag isn't working to well for him..
Locutus wrote:

What is this *No Archive* buisness you're on about?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

It's supposed to keep Google from keeping your posts indefinitely.