Neat clamp block idea.

I started having my wife save milk containers. I have a ply tool to equalize the pressure on my vises when closing, but they are usually a little off from what I need. So I started to copy the Lee valley thing.

During a glue up last week I needed a clamp block and wax paper, but I was short handed and just grabbed a block, and saw one of my reject pieces of milk bottle sitting there. It had a label on it and I didn't want to use it for the vise tool... Perfect... glue doesn't stick to it.. it's better than wax paper in that it's not flimsy, and goes where you put it.

I use tape on some of my blocks, and cauls.. and I also cork... but each block has a purpose. I have a box of offcuts used for clamping pads...

But this seemed like a great solution. I plan on taking some of my blocks and putting double stick tape on them and attaching some cartons... It seems like a good solution.

Reply to
woodchucker