neander news group

Hi, in reading various messages onvarious topics I periodically see references to woodworkings newsgroups that seem to be primarily neander oriented. I only have access to the news groups through google groups, and have not found a neander woodworking group there. Can any one tell me where such a group might be found? Thanks.

Reply to
Sanford

Search under OLDTOOLS

Reply to
Jimlemon

Never heard of one. However there are some web-hosted forums. If you already get your newsgroup / usenet access via the Google Groups website, then you might never notice the difference.

BTW - There's no such thing as a "Google Group" anyway

Andy Dingley

Yes there is! In fact, the entire Internet is inside your ISP!

This is true because a customer told me so when I was an ISP admin.

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Reply to
Fairway Ray

Reply to
Fairway Ray

Of course it is........Al Gore wouldn't have made it any other way

Reply to
ChairMan

"Hello, I'd like to buy an Internet please" 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

There is a forum under "Neaderthal Haven" at

Reply to
Charles Erskine

You won't find a newsgroup searching for Oldtools but you probably will run across the OldTools mailing list. It isn't on USENET, rather it is email based and you have to sign up to participate or read it. There is a searchable archive of messages as well and a web page where you can access it in HTML format. You can find out all about it here:

is a set of WWW based woodworking forums (again not a newsgroup) and one of the forums they run is all neander stuff.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan

Or the Neander usenet group at alt.long.live.roy.norm.sucks.die.die.die :)

(I haven't looked at a list of new newsgroups in years. Do people still do that?)

Reply to
Silvan

Yes.

Reply to
Mark

Thanks for the suggestions. I have followed up and am reading some of the forums you have suggested. So far they seem very good, particularly woodcentral.

Reply to
Sanford