neander news group

Hi, in reading various messages onvarious topics I periodically see references to woodworkings newsgroups that seem to be primarily neander oriented. I only have access to the news groups through google groups, and have not found a neander woodworking group there. Can any one tell me where such a group might be found? Thanks.
Search under OLDTOOLS
"Jimlemon" wrote ...

You won't find a newsgroup searching for Oldtools but you probably will run across the OldTools mailing list. It isn't on USENET, rather it is email based and you have to sign up to participate or read it. There is a searchable archive of messages as well and a web page where you can access it in HTML format. You can find out all about it here: http://www.brendlers.net/oldtools/oldtools.html
www.woodcentral.com is a set of WWW based woodworking forums (again not a newsgroup) and one of the forums they run is all neander stuff.
--
Cheers,
Howard
Jimlemon wrote:

Or the Neander usenet group at alt.long.live.roy.norm.sucks.die.die.die :)
(I haven't looked at a list of new newsgroups in years. Do people still do that?)
Silvan wrote:

Yes.

Mark

N.E. Ohio
On 25 Nov 2003 15:58:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Sanford) wrote:

Never heard of one. However there are some web-hosted forums. If you already get your newsgroup / usenet access via the Google Groups website, then you might never notice the difference.
BTW - There's no such thing as a "Google Group" anyway
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:34:59 +0000, Andy Dingley
Yes there is! In fact, the entire Internet is inside your ISP!
This is true because a customer told me so when I was an ISP admin. <G>
In wrote:

Of course it is........Al Gore wouldn't have made it any other way<eg>
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:50:01 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .
"Hello, I'd like to buy an Internet please" 8-)
woodcentral.com ray

when you go to the site, there is a menu on the left side of the screen. under forums click on hand tools. hope this helps. it is not a news group but is a neander hang out. ray

There is a forum under "Neaderthal Haven" at
http://www.sawmillcreek.org /
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Sanford) wrote in message

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Sanford) wrote in message

Thanks for the suggestions. I have followed up and am reading some of the forums you have suggested. So far they seem very good, particularly woodcentral.