NEANDER BOOK bargain

Was in at Borders Books, on Saturday, and found Roy Underhill's "The Woodwright's Shop, Exploring Traditional Woodcraft" on the 'bargains' table at the outrageous price of $7.99.
This is the "revised edition", containing both the original 'Woodwright's Shop', and it's follow-up 'The Woodwright's Companion'.
The anecdote at the end of chapter one, *alone*, makes the book worth buying. I quote: "... It's not an easy feeling-- standing there in the woods, knowing that all the trees are laughing at you."

Hi Robert,
I always enjoyed watching Roy's show on PBS, even tho I could never see myself using all the "primitive" tools he used. Still, a woodworker could learn a lot of the basics from his show and then sort of adapt it to 120V AC (or 220)!
I'm going to check out my local Borders-thanks for the heads-up.
Lou
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 05:23:46 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:
... snip

Even when you're holding an axe?

Well, in the scene described, a tree had *just* thrown his axe (along with some other tools, and a water bottle) into the _middle_ of the nearby river.
He _makes_ the remark *after* having retrieved the axe, so I guess the answer to your question is "yes". <grin>
I repeat: "The anecdote at the end of chapter one, *alone*, makes the book worth buying."