Names on mailing lists

In another thread, someone posted a list of several companies that sell informtion to names and addresses, inc. Did a scan of the index page <http://www.n-a-i.com/media/
The following is a list of Woodworking businesses I found that sell names and addresses, and I only got through the "2's".
While I believe in free enterprise, I also believe that I should be receiving some remuneration for providing my name to such lists.
Constantines http://www.n-a-i.com/media/109400.html
Workbench Magazine http://www.n-a-i.com/media/109420.html
Rockler's http://www.n-a-i.com/media/109660.html
Woodsmith http://www.n-a-i.com/media/128150.html
Woodsmithshop http://www.n-a-i.com/media/128151.html
ShopNotes http://www.n-a-i.com/media/128152.html
Woodsmith MasterFile http://www.n-a-i.com/media/128153.html
WoodMaster Tools http://www.n-a-i.com/media/131160.html
ShopSmith http://www.n-a-i.com/media/140180.html
C&H Distributors, http://www.n-a-i.com/media/143760.html Not woodworking, but the phrase in the ad, "& H DISTRIBUTORS has been cultivating direct mail business customers who seek to satisfy their front-end as well as their back-end needs." is more than an little amusing
Woodworkers' Warehouse http://www.n-a-i.com/media/143770.html
Woodworking from Tower Hobbies http://www.n-a-i.com/media/147841.html , Really interesting quote, "These dexterous individuals would be ideal targets for any shop/tool, lawn/garden and craft/hobby offers."
Shopsmith package insert program http://www.n-a-i.com/media/151340.html
Cherry Tree International http://www.n-a-i.com/media/167740.html
Cherry Tree Package insert program http://www.n-a-i.com/media/167741.html
Cherry Tree Crafts http://www.n-a-i.com/media/167742.html
Cherry Tree Woodworking http://www.n-a-i.com/media/167743.html
Dupont Registry, Fine Homes http://www.n-a-i.com/media/181611.html
Bridge City Toolworks http://www.n-a-i.com/media/198390.html "It is agreed that names furnished will not be used for sale offers, wraps sweepstakes, free gifts, inquiry generating devices, send-a-friend bind-in cards, sale pages and/or insert sales or promotions of any kind without pre- approval from the list owner. Violators of this policy will be accessed a name or monetary penalty per violation." So what exactly are these lists supposed to be used for?
Woodcraft Supply http://www.n-a-i.com/media/201880.html
"List Users agrees not to use the list in connection with any "Free" or "Discounted" offers without prior approval from Woodcraft Supply."
Woodcraft Supply Package insert program http://www.n-a-i.com/media/201881.html
Woodcraft supply blow-in http://www.n-a-i.com/media/201883.html
Woodworking and Hobby Plans http://www.n-a-i.com/media/202020.html
Grizzly http://www.n-a-i.com/media/203761.html