Name of clamp?

At about 1:56 of this YouTube video, the violin maker is using a clamp that I haven't seen before. Does anyone know what it's called? I'm going to order a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcJfbjcUDoo

Thanks,
✖

Festool makes some. (Amazon.com product link shortened) Woodcraft http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2081171/30654/Bessey-4-x-214-Mighty-Mini-Steel-Clamp-Light-Duty-Model-MMS4.aspx and Bessey.
They're either called screw clamps or F clamps.
✖
On 4/20/2011 1:42 AM, sam wrote:

Commonly known as a "bar f clamp". The bar length determines its size, the "f" because of its shape, as with a "c" clamp.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
"sam" wrote in message
At about 1:56 of this YouTube video, the violin maker is using a clamp that I haven't seen before. Does anyone know what it's called? I'm going to order a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcJfbjcUDoo

Thanks,
IIRC, "F" clamps
Add pictures here
✖
IIRC, "F" clamps
http://www.google.com/search?q=f+clamp&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=cZr&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei èquTfa1J5CftwfP4OzbAw&ved DAQsAQ&biw04&bih2
Add pictures here
✖
✖
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nospam says...

Thanks for the good info, everyone!
Much appreciated.
✖

"F" clamps. Festool sells them they're also available from Amazon.
I bought the ones I have because my confidence in the stability of the guide rail for the Festool Plunge saw had not yet been established. ;-)
Max
Add pictures here
✖
they were home made clamps. Screws with round heads and a wing nut.
On 4/20/2011 2:42 AM, sam wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 20, 4:48 pm, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Those were spool clamps, shown later in the video. Easily shopmade from a piece of closet rod and a couple of pieces of allthread in the quantity needed to glue up a fiddle.
Add pictures here
✖
Father Haskell wrote:

just lightweight c bar clamps , not easy to get these days
Add pictures here
✖

I use small orange Jorgenson F-clamps for anything short of pipe clamps. Cheap enough to buy in quantity without sinking your tool budget.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/23/2011 4:23 PM, Father Haskell wrote:

Why bother making your own when you can buy all you need from Festool at just $36 a pop????
--
Jack
✖

I bought a few Jorgenson clamps at an estate sale a year or so ago that are similar, and would certainly do that job. Don't know if they are still available but your might watch sales, flea markets, etc. I don't remember what I paid but it wasn't more than a buck or so each.
At the same sale I bought a full-up Jorgenson bench clamp for $30.
RonB
Add pictures here
✖