NAKASHIMA INSPIRED TABLE

I've seen pictures of some of his stuff that I liked a whole lot better than this.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Kind of looks like it was made from the cut off bin at the local sawmill. Maybe he was impatient waiting for his lumber delivery to arrive and went dumpster diving. :-)

Reply to
WoodchuckCanuck

This looks wrong. I think the top is too small for the base, or if it's to be this size it should be closer to the floor. Plus, I don't think Nakashima would use a metal "T" bracket, I think something clever in terms of wood to wood joinery would have been done by him.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

That's Poplar Woodowrking for you - take a good idea, fail to understand it, and produce the cheap ugly version of it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Ugh. Wrong porportions, and that shiny finish makes the natural edge actually look fake. Nice thought but the design missed.

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

Looks more like it's Nagasaki-inspired.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Gotta agree with all previous, esp. Lazarus. I had the good fortune to accidentally catch an exibit of his work at a museum here in LA. If any of you ever get the chance, it'll be worth your time.

Reply to
gpdewitt