Nails for hanging things on wall.

holy toledo

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I am looking for a decorative nail. (if there is such a thing.) To hang things on the wall, and the nail is exposed. Low enough profile...not a hook. Perry

Reply to
Perry

Mike in Mystic responds:

Yeah, well...he can look up the Maze Nail site, which I'm not about to do right now. Check out Tremont Nails there.

Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

Charlie Self

I always liked 6" lagscrews they add real charm to any piece of work

Reply to
Eric Johnson

I thought you actually preferred the rusted, bent ones for that classic distressed look?

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Only the real special ones like wedding photos ;-)

Reply to
Eric Johnson

Here what you need, feel free to call one of our sales staff if you have any questions:

But seriously, what are you hanging? Heavy items require heavy hangers, for lightweight items a simple brad can suffice.

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Horse shoe nails?

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Reply to
Perry

A search for "decorative picture frame hangers" found these and many more:

?iqg=3905d5d15d227ef49c62518d3c2dbc95(Items #1600 and the two below it)

But I really think your best one is here, they have a whole "flock" of what you're looking for:

should get you started. Mike

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

You might try looking for wiring harness board nails. They're chrome plated with a smooth round end and a little collar to control how deep they're driven into the board. Panduit makes them.

Reply to
Steve Dunbar

Ok, since it seems you're serious about this question, I have to ask why you would EVER want to have the hanging wire visible (this applies to pictures mainly - i'm not sure about the other items you listed).

There is absolutely no reason that I can think of why you would ever need to have the cord exposed. Sure, there are a lot of poorly hung picture frames out there with the wires poorly or improperly installed, but that doesn't mean you should find pretty nails. You should take the old wire off and reinstall it properly or replace it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

profile...not

Reply to
Perry

"Museum" look? Wires from hangboards well above eye level.

Reply to
George

After re-reading his post, I think he really is looking for hangers for those fancy Victorian decorative rope thingies.

Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

If you're going for a rustic look, try a horseshoe nail.

Reply to
Anonymoose

oh. I see why that never crossed my mind.

well, I think you just pointed Perry in the right direction.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Lee Valley has nails in Stainless, Silicon Bronze, Copper as well as cut nails which resemble handmade nails. You're not Cajun are you?

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Reply to
Perry

Just thinking about Bentcajungirl. Haven't heard from her in a while.

Perry wrote:

Reply to
Gerald Ross