Nails for hanging things on wall.

Page 1 of 2
I am looking for a decorative nail. (if there is such a thing.) To hang things on the wall, and the nail is exposed. Low enough profile...not a hook. Perry
holy toledo

Mike in Mystic responds:

Yeah, well...he can look up the Maze Nail site, which I'm not about to do right now. Check out Tremont Nails there.
Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin
Horse shoe nails?
Art

I always liked 6" lagscrews they add real charm to any piece of work

I thought you actually preferred the rusted, bent ones for that classic distressed look?

hang
Only the real special ones like wedding photos ;-)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:26:36 -0600, "Perry"

Here what you need, feel free to call one of our sales staff if you have any questions:
http://www.mindspring.com/~mikepatterson/nail.gif
But seriously, what are you hanging? Heavy items require heavy hangers, for lightweight items a simple brad can suffice.
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
Well, I guess I opened myself up for all kinds of silly remarks. I am looking to hang things on the walls, like picture frames suspended by cords (that are visible), etc. Hanging wallpockets, and bric a brac. A common, or finish, or regular nail looks like...well, you just stuck a nail in the wall. Perry

A search for "decorative picture frame hangers" found these and many more: http://www.ooks.com/cart/category.cfm?cat &sub&userid=-42000533 http://www.horton-brasses.com/products/nails/28 http://www.grignonsart.com/Picture_Framing_Supplies/Picture_Hangers.htm http://www.rejuvenation.com/typepagehooks%20and%20brackets/templates/houseparts_group.html?iqg905d5d15d227ef49c62518d3c2dbc95 (Items #1600 and the two below it)
But I really think your best one is here, they have a whole "flock" of what you're looking for: http://www.swanpicturehangers.com /
That should get you started. Mike
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:49:48 -0600, "Perry"

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
Ok, since it seems you're serious about this question, I have to ask why you would EVER want to have the hanging wire visible (this applies to pictures mainly - i'm not sure about the other items you listed).
There is absolutely no reason that I can think of why you would ever need to have the cord exposed. Sure, there are a lot of poorly hung picture frames out there with the wires poorly or improperly installed, but that doesn't mean you should find pretty nails. You should take the old wire off and reinstall it properly or replace it.
Mike
wrote:

hang
Well, Mike, sometimes the cord IS decorative and part of the display IS important. Perry
wrote:

profile...not
"Museum" look? Wires from hangboards well above eye level.

you
frames
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:08:02 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

After re-reading his post, I think he really is looking for hangers for those fancy Victorian decorative rope thingies.
http://www.swanpicturehangers.com /
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
oh. I see why that never crossed my mind.
well, I think you just pointed Perry in the right direction.
wrote:

you
pictures
frames
If you're going for a rustic look, try a horseshoe nail.
Perry wrote:

You might try looking for wiring harness board nails. They're chrome plated with a smooth round end and a little collar to control how deep they're driven into the board. Panduit makes them.
Steve

Perry wrote:

Lee Valley has nails in Stainless, Silicon Bronze, Copper as well as cut nails which resemble handmade nails. You're not Cajun are you?
--

Gerald Ross, Cochran, GA
To reply add the numerals "13" before the "at"

hang
Just thinking about Bentcajungirl. Haven't heard from her in a while.