Nailers (probably done to death, but I'm a newbie)

Page 2 of 2
The old 22 oz Plumb hammer huh ???
The small compressors don't the have the balls to do that. You need serious air when doing framing.
Those twin hotdog compressors turned Waaaaay up will indeed drive a 3.5" nail all the way home.
Robatoy wrote:

Ed Edelenbos wrote:

I use a pneumatic Bostitch brad nailer/stapler. Works fine.
Chris

One low cost option used by many people in my area is the Grizzly nail guns. I remember when they were about half the price they are now.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/category.aspx?key(5010
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:06:01 -0400, "Ed Edelenbos"

If I were you, I'd go to a local multi line store, get a three or four year old catalog and ask to see the service parts available for the equivalent older model you would be looking for today. If they are "discontinued" you might want to move on from that manufacturer.
The practice seems to be when the Taiwanese broker moves from one mainland supplier to another usually when a model changes slightly, to get a few pennies savings, they ask the old guy for a "calculated lifetime supply of service parts". He'll sell you any stock he has on hand, but with regard to the rest, you'll get the Mandarin version of "up yours"
Frank