MyFirstDrawerTable

Check out my progress on my first table with a drawer in ABPW.
I still need to make the freaken drawer. I'm leaning towards a sliding dovetail for the drawer front because I have no dovetail jig. And no I don't wanna cut them by hand.
Anybody have any experience with sliding dovetails for drawers? I am either gonna do a stopped sliding dovetail or a full SD.

Just a couple of alternate options:
A pinned rabbet joint to attach the drawer front to the sides. Easy, strong, and nice looking from the side. Use a contrasting wood for the pin, or a metal like brass and expoxy the pins in.
A locking joint, like a combination of a rabbit and tongue and groove pictured here, easy to do on a router table:
http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/archives/nov_dec_02/html/majorproject/mpplans4.pdf
Or, alternately router bit sets that cut locking drawer fronts.
FWIW ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/04
wrote in message

s4.pdf
ah, c'mon, real men can do climb cuts!! <g>
dave
stoutman wrote:

Ya know, Ive found that if you keep your measurements equal with a joint like that it makes the setups a lot simpler. I usually just do 1/4" if working with 3/4 material. Just a thought.

s4.pdf
Where are you located. Perhaps someone would loan you a dt jig for your drawer. If you are close to me I will.
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply

Thanks, but I'm in Va. If you FedEx it overnight I will pay for the shipping and promise to mail it back to you when I'm done. I promise... : )