My web site

Page 1 of 2
I've made a few changes, there's still woodworking info, but I just stuck up a non-related slide show (stuck it up, like it was easy: frigging Picasa is as intuitive as bullfighting in your birthday suit).
It took me all blasted day!
It seems decent to me.
Check it out, please: http://charlieselfonline.com/ and click on the slide show indicator.
It does eventually work, though. Or at least I think it did.
I've got the '24 Overland coming out in the May issue of Cars & Parts, and the 1930 Ford model A in the July issues.
It's a good time to have more than one interest as a freelance writer, I'll tell you. And the competition is heating up, with all the layoffs at newspapers and magazines. Fortunately, I'm not really up for warm and fuzzy stories, prefering to stick with woodworking, vehicles (preferably old), and travel. Short distances for the latter these days. I live in an area where there are almost too many day trips possible.
Comments welcome. Just remember what your Momma told you: if you can't say something good...:)

Good show! didn't work in Firefox though.
basilisk

works just fine in Mozilla 5.0 otherwise known as Seamonkey

I use 3.07 Firefox and it works. Martin
basilisk wrote:

Odd. I use Foxmire and it worked for me, on two computers.

Your website worked fine with my FF 3.0.7. Wonderful pictures on your excellent slideshow!
--
Best regards
Han

Not sure what the problem is, I'm using latest FF and latest flash, popup and ad blockers are off, javascript is on. still no slide show.
basilisk
basilisk wrote:

You might want to look at SimpleViewer. It is free and pretty flexible. I saw it on someones wood page and gave it a look. You can see it on my page by clicking on the "Photo Gallery" menu item on the left of the screen. I only have some cars you might like and some cats. It's not really hard to set up once you figure out how to use it and what you want. On the bottom right of either of my galleries there is a link to the SimpleViewer site. It's free for commercial or private use.

Only criticism I have is on the Handplanes page you need to set the margins on the writeup. On Firefox, there is no left hand margin and a lot of right hand margin. Your Hardwood page does have a margin, although it is not perfectly centered. In fact, as I go though more pages, you need to work on centering your text on the pages. The tops of the pages are fine, it's the text underneath that need some work.

Slideshow works fine here in Firefox 3.07. If you click on a slide for a larger picture it opens at a Picasa site though and the slide show is no longer a slide show.
Oh, the Samples page "Handsaws Today" link didn't work. Said something about a damaged file.
As for saying something good, nice page, I like how you laid things out. Few minor gnats here and there is not a problem.
--
Jack

Sometimes you need to clear your cache before the page loads correctly once you turn on/off extra features such as filters. I've run in to that a few times using my filter program... usually a reload works, but once in a blue moon it doesn't.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

Yeah IIRC the Nova came after the early 60's Chevy II's

Yeah, yeah. The cataloging on the shot reads 1955 Nomad. I wrote Nova. I think my mental clutch was slipping, because I proofread the thing twice and missed it. One of my cousins caught it early. Check it again.

Yeah, yeah. The cataloging on the shot reads 1955 Nomad. I wrote Nova. I think my mental clutch was slipping, because I proofread the thing twice and missed it. One of my cousins caught it early. Check it again.
I build/maintain several websites and I will proof everything at least twice before uploading, as soon as I view the site online, I will see at least one glaring error.
It is easy to screw up proofing content mixed with markup.
basilisk

Yeah, yeah. The cataloging on the shot reads 1955 Nomad. I wrote Nova. I think my mental clutch was slipping, because I proofread the thing twice and missed it. One of my cousins caught it early. Check it again.
LOL, I like to blame my keyboard and fingers which often do not associate with my brain.

Very nice Charlie cool pictures and I presume you took'em all. Have you experimented with HDR when you take and tweak the car pics?

I don't use HDR. It looks overprocessed. The shots are all mine.

Dad's first car was a Renault Dauphine. Engine was (says wikipedia) 845 cc and 32 hp <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Renault_Dauphine,_ 1960.JPG>. Darn thing took Mom, Dad, Sis and me to the Italian Riviara and back several times, even with a tent trailer like this Alpenkruezer: <http://www.unser-camptourist.de/bilderct/Senior.pdf . Sorry, the skimpily clad young lady didn't come with the tenttrailer, but it was a truely remarkably roomy thing for something so light.
No expressways, just 2 or 3 lane (great fun) highways from Holland through Belgium, Luxemburg and France. Ever had 3 times passport and papers control in 1 day? Whole trip took usually 3 days, but those little hotels along the highway!
--
Best regards
Han

We had a 4CV as my Dad's "work" car ... it was the only car I was allowed to take on a date until I got my own. GF and I still managed to get it on in the back seat, a feat indeed, if you've ever seen the back seat of a 4CV.
Where there's a will, there's a way ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Yes, indeed. We rented a 2CV for our honeymoon to France, Italy and Switzerland. Max speed 80 km/hour, downhill, with atail wind ...
--
Best regards
Han