My Video of Shooting Nail Gun Into Garage Door

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUxnpa0cE8

Check it out. I compared shooting a nail gun to throwing a nail into a foam insulated garage door. Get your popcorn and let it fly! :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 1/27/2012 9:40 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

ROTFLMAO ... go grab another beer! :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 1/27/2012 10:26 PM, Swingman wrote:

I don't recall "Here Hold My Beer"!

I'd like to see what the outside of the door looks like... might find out that there are dents from the nail gun if it's a steel door... ;~)
John
John Grossbohlin wrote the following on 1/28/2012 8:50 AM (ET):

or worse, if it is an aluminum door.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

That is what caused my first comment. It looked like both nails went in about the same distance which might have been the thickness of the foam. You have to expect if it hit very the metal very hard it might have bounced back a bit.
RonB

Ok, I went out and checked on the outside of the door.... which, yes, is some sort of flimsy metal. There are two dimples with tip sized pinholes on the out side, one from the nailgun and one from my pitching arm. :-)
I will try to take some more video of the outside of the door... and I'll set up another firing into some 1" flight case foam I have for my drum cases.
In the mean time, I need to run some 10/2 w/ground over to where my new water heater is going.
Stay tuned!
--

-MIKE-

On 1/28/2012 11:23 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

careful with that 10/2, you could put an eye out!
--
Steve Barker

Especially if you're using a Milwaukee Hole Shooter...
John
On 1/28/12 1:26 PM, RonB wrote:

I drove nails into back to back tuba4's before shooting at the door just to be sure it was up to power. As soon as I have a beer, I'll go shoot some more. (insert redneck story here)
--

-MIKE-

Astounding!
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:40:20 -0600, -MIKE- < snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com

Oh well, it was a Harbor Freight gun. No wonder it wouldn't go through the door.
Go get another beer and then use a *real* nail gun.
:)

UUuuhhhhhh.............. What does the outside of the door look like?
RonB

I got seasick watching it though.
On 1/27/2012 9:40 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Mike you crazy man! Thanks for going that before I did. Although I was not at all going to believe that the nail would even reach the door you did prove that the nail looses considerable speed and force in a very short distance as opposed to common folk lore.
Now I assume the nail did not go through a body part first. ;~)
-MIKE- wrote:

--
Gerald Ross

George Orwell was an optimist.