My try on cabinet restoration

Hi I came upon 2 old bedside cabinets, in rather poor state and decided to restore 1 of them. Before I start work on other one, I'd like to ask for a few advices. You can see originals and finished cabinet on this page (sorry for rather poor pictures, have to learn that also).

door. I used PU glue (brown) glue veneer on. I thought I might get some bleed through and I did. Rather ruined the leaf part, but I managed to sand the rest of it. But my real problem was something else. I bought and used veneer gummed tape. After removing it there were indentations where the tape used to be. It took me a lot of sanding to repair that. How come? Did I use too much pressure (with clamps)? Red veneer used for leaves is rather hard, almost like oak (don't know it's name), but I could see indentations.

Also I used polyurethane matte finish, but had some problems using it. After I mixed components it really fast became too thick, so I had problem applying it. Is that normal? Would appreciate any advice.

Reply to
Sawaar

Sawaar wrote in news:fjpi5e$h60$1 @ss408.t-com.hr:

I'll let the experienced answer your questions...

My contribution is simply - wow! Well done! And perhaps some advice as: "Whatever you did, just do it again."

Reply to
jbd in Denver