My thoughts on Rush Limbaugh.

Page 1 of 2
I think his statement today is strangely reminiscent of Lenny Bruces behavior shortly before he overdosed and died. His act now centers around the "government conspiracy" against him. It won't be long before his show is reduced to him merely reading his trial transcripts to the audience. That is if he can stave off relapse long enough to make it to trial. His odds are not good. Statistics say he will succumb to the urge to use again. Such is his fate. Better he choke on an oxycontin than a ham sandwich I guess. That is slightly less embarrasing. I hope he at continues to at least by American black market pills. I pray he does not stoop to importing the cheaper Canadian versions.
God Bless, Al Kyder

I finally read today what this whole drug prosecution was all about:
(From CNN) "According to court documents, the investigation centers on whether Limbaugh engaged in "doctor shopping" -- getting multiple prescriptions from several doctors that he could not have received from just one. Such an offense is a felony under Florida law. Investigators say Limbaugh obtained about 2,000 pills during five months, sometimes getting multiple prescriptions less than a month apart, according to court documents."
That's it!?! Okay, it looks good on the sanctimonious jerk but as far as crimes go this seems pretty minor to me. I might be a bit sympathetic to his cries of "Witch Hunt".

If anything were to happen to Rush (the man) as a result of his use of Canadian drugs Pat Buchanan might call us names again. I don't think our national psyche could handle that.
-- OK
Onion Knight wrote:

imagine if ken lay had made a career out of screaming over the airwaves about how all corporate executives caught doing illegal activities should be drawn and quartered and their parts sold to the highest bidder. rush's case is not unlike that.
fry that witch.
--
TheTruthHurts.

Oh yeah..."rule of law." The law in Florida is that you can't jump from doctor to doctor in order to get multiple prescriptions for the same thing at the same time--he broke the law, so he should suffer the consequences.
Jim
He should be tried and sentenced just as he preached all these years on the proper way to deal with drug abusers. Service Bubba, perhaps? Like with those with $, they get tried in a different way. That poor housekeeper is going to get reamed.
Well, supposedly the prosecutor in Palm Beach responsible for trying to aquire medical records is a registered Democrat and has worked with a few Democratic canidates during previous campaigns.

SikOfLibs wrote:

yes, i can't believe jeb isn't handling this one personally.
--
TheTruthHurts.

Is Jeb also a judge? I don't understand.
--
SikOfLibs

"<SmirkS>" < snipped-for-privacy@excited.com> wrote in message
: Well, supposedly the prosecutor in Palm Beach responsible for trying to : aquire medical records is a registered Democrat and has worked with a few : Democratic canidates during previous campaigns.
Yeah, so he must be a corrupt bastard. Yeah, right!
Go, Rush! Take dem happy pills!
    -- Andy Barss

*snicker*
So what exactly is this post doing on a woodworking newsgroup ???? there are political newsgroups you know....
-- mike hide

And what, exactly, is THIS post doing in a Rush (The Band) newsgroup ????

Rev. Ed Blonski wrote:

don't know.
can one of you guys make me a nice wooden pipe?
--
TheTruthHurts.

They're responsible for Geddy's wooden leg...
L.

Sorry, for pipes I work only brass.

Mark

N.E. Ohio
LOL, your selection of newsgroups to post to shows how much of an idiot you are. The people that jumped on your BAND wagon showed their ignorance also.

These types of drug dependencies are self induced. You know the inherent risks when you start taking them. The fact that he uses the media to try claim scapegoat status is incorrigible.
I would like to comment on the snip about "Cheaper Canadian Versions". These so called "Canadian" drugs are supplied to us by the same manufacturers under the same brand names as presented to the public in the US. We pay a smaller premium because our government helps to regulate price gouging. Unfortunatley, the US does not seem to do this as handily.
Even then, most drugs are still overpriced here. The same drug, manufactured in Europe using the same chemical process tends to be much less expensive and are marketed just as widely as North American drugs. Would you say that when you pay nearly half the cost for a generic of the name brand drug that it is unsafe or poor quality? most likely not, you probably take the pill as readilly as you would the "name brand", probably more so because of the reduced cost. As an example, and there are many, Insulin was discovered and produced originally in Canada. Many of the chemical derivitaves that you use in the US came from processes created in Canada. Don't believe everything you read or hear in the press. Just because we pay less for the same medications here does not mean that the product is inferior or less safe. Citizens of the US should be clamboring all over their local legislaters to do something about the high cost of drugs insted of bashing Canada. Our foreign policy may be weak at times but hey, we just try to go with the flow.
Whew, long rant. :)
Merry Christmas everyone.
John (Proud Canadian)

John wrote:

I agree 100%. Trouble is the drug companies don't throw enough money into your politicians campain fund. Dick
--
Building and repair of fine custom cues at affordable
prices for real poolplayers. Over 35yrs. exp.