My Shop: So Proud

Page 1 of 2
I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out of large piles of wood once again.
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view tegory&id#&Itemid9
I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Congrats!
--
Best regards
Han

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view tegory&id#&Itemid9
MAN, do you suck... so bad!!!!!!
--

-MIKE-

(major suckage sounds) Congratulations! Looks super!
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:12:09 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"

Cool. Question: Do you use a respirator when working in the shop? If not, I suggest putting felt bags or HEPA filters on the big Griz dust collector.
-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Looks great. ^5. Wish I and my shop were that organized.
Sonny
Do you use a respirator when working in the shop?
Sometimes use a 3M respirator. Good idea I'll look into better filters. That 3hp griz is a work horse.
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:57:42 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"

My 1.5hp Griz is a workhorse, too. The cyclone, in the trash can before the DC, is a great bag saver, too. Buy or build one for your setup and make a quick-change station to dump the bulk easily.
That air cleaner is a joke when you look at the CFM difference between it and the DC. It would^H^H^H^H^H might clean a 1-car garage in a couple hours...if there weren't any work going on.
-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

I have a cyclone lid for a large garbage can on wheels. I can add it inline on most machines because they have quick connects. I have two air cleaners and they do clear the air quickly if you have been sweeping or sanding. I checked the filtesr after just a few hours any they are catching a lot.

Air cleaners seem to be good for cleaning the air after the work is done. They're not for keeping the air clean while working; you still need masks and good dust collectors for that.
The dust doesn't seem to collect as fast using an air cleaner as it did without.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:09:51 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"

That means your lungs are catching the rest. And those filters are probably 10 micron, catching the more visible dust, not the smaller and sub-micron stuff which will kill you. I have a felt bag but still wear my respirator when I work in the shop with power tools. I did my lungs enough damage when I worked as a wrench, with chemicals and dust and exhausts. I'm a lot more careful now, and still healthy as a result.
-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:12:23 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"

Oh! They filter better and process much more volume than I had thought. But they still don't do the job your lungs need them to do. Even with those running, I wouldn't want to work in your shop without a respirator, but that's my choice. YMMV.
I'm sure they clear the sweeping dust quickly. Don't you have a sweeper head for the DC? I love mine. It's much easier than sweeping and cleaning up. I should use it some day soon...
-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

I worry about "sweeping" with my dust collector for fear of getting a screw, nail, brad or other metal bits causing sparks when they hit the impeller.

That's what the garbage can cyclone is for ...
--
Best regards
Han

good point

Perzactly.
-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:12:09 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"

You suck. Why isn't there someone like you up in the Toronto, Canada area? I've been looking for a space to rent/share for a number of years.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view tegory&id#&Itemid9
Absolutely enviable! Congratulation on a well organized, well thought out setup. You sucketh majorly!
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

NICE!!!! Enjoy your time there....but where is the coffee machine and stereo? ...and stay safe.

Coffe pot is in the bathroom/kitchen behind the drills. Crappy little stereo is in my personal area but better unit on the way.