My Shop is almost (re)done

6 Days of cleaning and organizing, I finally got the new lathe to fit in. Not well, but in. I built a tool holder for the lathe that mounts on the table behind the lathe and high enough to reach all my tools. I thenb moved the lathe near a wall and mounted the rest of the items I have on some pegboard behind it.

After my wife asked a few questions about how I store stuff, I decided to ask all of you this question.

How do you prefer to store your tools and accessories? Open racks (pegboard like)? Cabinets? Tool Boxes?

I have found that I am not a big fan of cabinets, tool boxes or tool bags. I like my tools out where I can see them and get to them quick.Not through need, but I seem to use the right tool for the right job more often and spend a little more time selecting the tool than I do looking for it. So, I have a LOT of pegboard and just a few cabinets, and my main cabinets are either open (no door) or have a glass door. Yewsterday I spent about 2 hours figuring out where to mount some of my Pinnacle and Starrett measuring tools and now I am looking for an effective way to store some items like my Incra and Veritas gauges, dovetail gauges, marking gauges, enginners squares and one of those combination squares with 3 different level devices.

I do have some drawers that I built that are under some of my larger tools, 3 drawers under my router tablke to hold router associated tools, under my high speed grinder for nothing since it is usless, under my carving table for carving wood storage, etc.

Reply to
Neillarson