My Resawing Needs Work!!!

Page 2 of 2

I'll check that out. Thanks Leon

I probably should have mentioned to be very careful at the Laguna site..... My repeated visit to help sort why my Rikon was not doing what I thought it should be doing resulted in me eventually placing an order for the LT16 HD Laguna.....

One thing that REALLY turned me off with Laguna was the very pushy sales man.
One thing that REALLY turned me off with Laguna was the very pushy sales man.
I have heard about that problem but never witnessed that at all personally.
I did however start the process off with "I want to see the saw before even considering a purchase". Since you need to live near California to see the saws and or wait for a WW show to come around they knew it would be a couple of months before I purchased.
That said, I did not call until I was certain that I wanted to buy one and when I did call I dealt with one salesman. He and I agreed on a price, IIRC I got it for about $400 off reg pricing for everything I purchased. That price would be lowered if the WW show offered a better deal. It did not. So basically the conversations went on for 2 or 3 months. He never called me unless he was returning my call.
I also considered MiniMax and they are headquartered in Austin TX about 3 hours away from where I live. I talked to them make an appointment to see the saw of interest and they confirmed the appointment the day before.
The next day when I go there to look at their saw no one was aware I was coming and the only saw they had to show me was missing the guides.... The trip was a waste of time.

Did you let them know how much of your time they wasted?

I did, and I also told them that this relationship was over.

You might try taking a look here for some tips. I saw some of these videos 3-4 years ago but they are very informative with an expected bias towards Laguna BSs. I am not trying to sell you on Laguna but these video's can be very helpful in determining if you are always going to be chasing your tail or not. ;~)
If you go here there are several BS videos. Scroll to the bottom to the video titled The Perfect Cut ResawKing. It is about 20 minutes long but interesting. Another video about the Laguna guides is also quite interesting and helps you to understand what is going on with the guides during operation.
http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-bandsaw