My Recent Trip

As some of you might know, I just took a trip to Ghana, Africa.
Spent some time looking for metalworking machinery and services and basically found that unless you are in the city, the metalworking they do is limited to cutting brake rotors, banging out vehicle fenders, etc.
Woodworking, however is widespread and VERY impressive. Everything from simple bowls to custom artwork-related coffins. On my next trip, I'll try to get better photos of some of the intricate detail work they do.
Quite a trip. Here are some photos... None of which are really woodworking-related except for maybe the construction.
http://tinyurl.com/Ghana2010
Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R
Currently Riding The "Mother Ship" http://yunx.com/valk.htm
Sometimes riding the "Escape Pod" Super Sherpa
Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ? http://tinyurl.com/5apkg

Cool pictures Joe, thanks for sharing.
On 1/25/2010 8:01 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Yes!
Quite a trip, indeed. Please add more text (including locations).
An awesome experience, even second-hand. Thank you.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Joe, The album was awesome, worthy of a spread in the National Geographic Magazine. Joe G

Joe, Thanks for the photos; I looked at all 199 of them. They are quite humbling, especially the hospital bathrooms and nurses station. You look at how they live and we complain when the cable TV goes out for half an hour.