My RAS is dying

My 33 year old Powr-Kraft RAS leaked out about 2 quarts of smoke today. I checked the brushes and they were badly burned. Replaced 'em and the poor old thing runs but sickly and not at full speed. I'd run out and buy a new one or look for an old DeWalt, but this old guy has some features not available on the others - mainly a 20.000 RPM and 3450 rpm aux spindle that allows a lot of extra operations. Beside that, it has been very accurate unlike what many report on newer RAS's. And it's kind of part of the family by now.
So, the questions are:
1) Ayone know of a good motor rebuilding shop in the Phoenix/Tucson area?
2) Anyone know of an orphaned Powr-Kraft RAS motor that needs a home?
-Doug

I'll sell you the whole saw for no more than 500 clams Doug :) Needs a switch tho.

Sheesh, Eric - I only paid $179 for the thing when it was brand new!
-Doug

$550 then, and not a cent less... ya know you want it!!! LOL
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:31:01 -0500, Eric Ryder wrote:

Deco still has the field coils ($36) and will rebuild the armature ($130). All I gotta do is tear it down and see if the rest of it is worthwhile.
-Doug
Got mine on sale for $160 - bonus of a tiny shop-vac.

Can't answer your questions but that sounds like my Monkey Ward RAS which has the 20,000 rpm and 3,450 rpm spindles. And, mine remains in good alignment.
Doug Winterburn wrote:

That's the one - got in in '71.
-Doug
Doug ...
This is not precisely an answer to either of your questions but, as a 3rd option, you might want to see if you can get a replacement motor (or parts) from these guys:
http://www.toolkraft.com /
Lee

Toolkraft doesn't carry the parts for the TPC models, but there is a place called Deco that I will try.
Thanks,
Doug