My poor router bearings

I bought mine about 8 years ago. If I'd bought it a year earlier I'd probably have got the AEG instead. They built a near-copy on the same lines in the same factory (a few other tools too) but the AEG seemed to have a slightly better standard of finish. My SDS drill and biscuiter are AEGs rather than Freud but they seem to have pulled the router model.
Mine lives in the table almost all the time and I've never had a squeak out of it. Still, there's always the weekend...
Tue, Jan 24, 2006, 8:07pm snipped-for-privacy@iosphere.net (OwenLawrence) lamenteth: <snip> "Especially if it's hanging in a router table, because the dust settles on the bearings, and even though they're "sealed", they're not really sealed, and the dust draws the oil out of the bearings." Does any of this sound reasonable to you? <snip>
Nope. I had a Craftsman router hanging in a router table, for years. It quit, not due to bearings, and I opened it up. Not a bit of dust inside.
JOAT You only need two tools: WD-40, and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.