My "Poor Girl's Downdraft Table" FS or for loan

Hi Guys,

I once posted a link to pictures of a downdraft table I made from a cheap Rubber Maid workbench I purchased at the Borg. I know a lot of you looked, in fact it caused the most traffic ever on my website! I lost some of the pictures in a server crash last year, so you can't see the pictures of how it was made, but there is one picture or two on my shop tour. I know there is one on page 4 of my "shop tour." Go to

have upgraded to a bigger unit, and I would be happy to loan out my table to anyone who isn't yet ready to purchase the real deal. I would love to see it go to use rather than storage!

All you need is enough hose to get from your DC to the connector on the bottom of the table. The table is about 37 inches high, about 28 wide and 60 long. And, of course, you have to come get it soon.

Kathy

Kathy Wingert Guitars Visit

Kathy Wingert

Hi Gal. From time to time I've wondered what became of you - hope you've just been too successfully busy to visit. Your work is outstanding.

Would you have a suggestion as to beginner sources for learning the techniques for the mother-of-pearl inlay you do?

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Owen,

E-mail me: need your e-mail address, and in all your web sites (can't open your photo site with AOL) I can't sort out a direct contact. I know I had it, but...that was at least 3 years ago, which is also 3 computers.

Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

I Kathy. I looked through your web site and have a question or two about some of your pictures.

In the shop tour, page 3 the top center and the top right pictures. Are you clamping or applying presure to odd shapes? Have you looked into vacume bagging? It looks like just the thing for some of your odd shapes. Even pressure over the whole area and conforms to any odd shape.

Kathy Wingert wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

Reply to
Joe Willmann

That's it.. I've been silly busy. I can't seem to get the business side of things done in time to start guitar building at a reasonable time of day, so I'm pulling the late late show shift most of the time.

My daughter came to work for me this year doing inlay. She is doing fantastic work, and her ideas are getting better all the time. She read and studied Larry Robinson's videos an took off from there. She did have me here to help, but I'm sure she wouldn't have really needed me, if she hadn't been so worried that she might screw something up.

Take care, Kathy

Kathy Wingert Guitars Visit

Kathy Wingert

Thanks for the suggestion, and as a matter of fact, a vacuum system is on my list of end-of-year purchases. Do you have any suggestions?

The bagging isn't so helpful, everything has to be on templates, and that has made me think before jumping on the band wagon. The shapes are odd, but they are repeated over and over again, so destaco is my best friend.