My Plans Postings

Page 2 of 3
JT,
I very much enjoy your postings and look forward to them. I also rarely see anything that I would want to copy, but many of the plans that you post quite often have some good ideas in them. Please ignore the sick-o's and continue posting as you have been. If you started a JT newsgroup to post them I would add it to the newsgroups that I follow daily. Keep up the good work.
--
Charley

Sat, Sep 23, 2006, 4:21pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com (Charley) doth posteth thusly: <snip>.If you started a JT newsgroup <snip> Don't hold your breath. However, there are a few people out there that apparently save every link I post. Or, you can just check the archives.
JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.
I find JT's one-liners occasionally useful of themselves but much more frequently they in turn lead to something else of significant interest (to me).
Simple and direct. Thanks, JT.
J.
J T wrote: ...

OTOH, one could say it is impolite to those who aren't interested in plans in general to have to sift through all the postings to see the other posts in the group... :)
I have only one real complaint even though I really don't care about the plans a whit---
That is, could you _PLEASE_ kill the stoopid sig line on at least these postings? What little cuteness it once had is by now pretty much gone...and for those for whom you're trying to be so considerate of their logged on time, it just adds needless bandwidth... :)
dpb wrote:

You are the only 1 that replied so far that needs to learn how to use your filter to stop the posts by JT then you won't ever see anything else he post unless it's in a reply someone else made. Then in most cases the sig line will not be there.
Tom J
Tom J wrote: ...

I use killfiles _very_ sparingly and while I am not interested in the plans, JT doesn't come even close to meeting the criteria for entering... :)
OTOH, I see no reason since he opened the subject to not comment.
Sat, Sep 23, 2006, 11:35am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@swko.net (dpb) doth woefully pleadeth: <snip> could you _PLEASE_ kill the stoopid sig line on at least thesepostings? <snip>
This one's for you.
JOAT If you're too tight-assed to dance you probably won't like it here.
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 02:00:36 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Don't change anything, the one-liner label is perfect. The complainers might be better to take their PCs back to the shop. This is Usenet, almost anything goes.
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 02:00:36 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

For years I've been saving selected posts of yours. I even put one to practical use every now and then. I won't stop if you won't.
Anyone who can't figure out how to set up a filter deserves what they get. UseNet Darwinism at work.
Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Sun, Sep 24, 2006, 1:11am snipped-for-privacy@spamtrapmindspring.com (MikePatterson) doth proclaimeth: For years I've been saving selected posts of yours. I even put one to practical use every now and then. I won't stop if you won't. <snip>
My main goal in life has now been achieved. The pinecone turkey has achieved immortality. I'll put in a word to the Woodworking Gods for you Mike. A good word.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax

IMHO I think it would be better if you posted them all in one post. I am on dialup, and it takes a few seconds to download each post (connecting to the nntp server), if they were all in one post it would be much quicker...
Sun, Sep 24, 2006, 11:15am snipped-for-privacy@tbm.com (TBM) doth dreameth thusly: IMHO I think it would be better if you posted them all in one post. I am on dialup, and it takes a few seconds to download each post (connecting to the nntp server), if they were all in one post it would be much quicker...
This is a democratic group - one man, one vote. I'm the man, and I've got the vote. It ain't gonna happen.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax

Since this is a democratic group, I'm going to throw my 2cents in.
IMHO your inspiration posts are annoying. I use to have you plonked for a long time, but recently unplonked you just incase I was missing something you said. Unfortionately, it doesn't appear that I have been missing anything.
What I don't understand is how people can find your posts handy. I don't use plans, but IF I did I would use GOOGLE and find what I needed that way. Do you um, Google? :)
As you are aware you can post any dam thing you want. Could you picture what this newsgroup would look like if just 25% of the people that participate in this NG decided to post 10 inspiration posts per day? Geesh. Would I need to plonk all of them too?
See ya JT. No offense, I just like the woodworking content, not what you find on the interenet to be interesting.

Cool it Stoutman. If you get GOAT mad, he may threaten to go away again Again.
Sun, Sep 24, 2006, 6:14pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (John) now doth claimeth: Cool it Stoutman. If you get GOAT mad, he may threaten to go away again Again.
Oooo, shatter my world. The one that claims he has a PC, but posteth with a WebTV. You're what, in the seventh grade now? One of the reasons I depart the group to forget. Then forget and show up again. A cruel cycle. Reading your posts makes me feel like I'm beeing nibbled to death by baby ducks. Eat recycled food and have a happy next life.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
I agree. Him and the rest of WebTV are in my killfile. The only thing I see is these threads talking about it.

file.
Sun, Sep 24, 2006, 10:15pm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (TimTaylor) doth posteth: Ahh yes, the good ole WebTV people. Them's a good thing to have in a blocked file.
Gee, I guess that means if I get a PC you fellers won't block me anymore.
LMAO Don't worry guys, I'm not likely to get a PC anytime soon, wo your safe for awhile.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
Sun, Sep 24, 2006, 10:13pm (EDT+4) .@. (Stoutman) doth posteth: IMHO your inspiration posts are annoying. <snip> What I don't understand is how people can find your posts handy. I don't use plans, but IF I did I would use GOOGLE and find what I needed that way. Do you um, Google? :) <snip> See ya JT. No offense, I just like the woodworking content, notwhat you find on the interenet to be interesting.
No biggie. I'm basing a coffeet table on one of those insprations. That's what I figure there for - inspiration.
I don't use plans either. I do a lot of searching - with google, and see a LOT of plans. But, occassionally someone here will post something I've not seen before, that I get an idea from. That's handy.
Actually, I seldom post things that "I" find interesting. Most of those things aren't associated with woodworking, or are so obscure or arcane most people wouldn't appreciate them. What I post is what I think "other" people would be interested in. No prob.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
If I get a vote J.T. I say keep em comin. Oh yeah and thanks. Puff