My new Penn State DC arrived

Ordered the Penn State DC2000 dust collector. I haven't given it a real test yet but it seems to work fine.
However .. I'd like to meet the idiot who wrote the installation instructions. Half the steps were missing. Well, of course I could figure them out, but would it hurt to have a few more pictures? Or maybe some arrows showing where things connect?
The lower dust bag is a beast to connect. I'm going to sew on some small neodymium magnets to hold it in place so that I can more easily put it back on after emptying it.
Sometimes I wonder if the people who build these things ever use them?
Jack
How loud is it? Did you get the muffler for it? Can you hold a normal converation while it's running or do you have to raise your voice over the noise?
I've been looking into getting a bandsaw and setting up a small shop in a segregated apartment room and I'm concerned about noise.
Upscale wrote:

You can hold a conversation over it easily without shouting with the muffler. I've never run mine without so can't comment on how loud it is otherwise.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.BARF
A friend of mine has a sound level meter. I'll ask to borrow it and see if I can get some measurements for you. It's rather subjective to say whether it is too loud for people to talk over the noise. If it's my sister talking, a 747 wouldn't muffle her mouth.
jack
Upscale wrote:

Remind me not to ask if I can date your sister. I'd appreciate the results of your test with the sound level meter. Did you get the muffler with your Penn State?
No muffler. I thought that was a joke.