My Milwaukee 18 Volt Cordless Hammer Drill ((Model LokTor 0624-20)Lost Traction

My Milwaukee cordless hammer drill (Model LokTor 0624-20) suddenly lost traction. The motor runs OK and I can hear the spindle spinning as the motor turns, but the chuck will not engage the spindle. The chuck does not respond to either forward or reverse. I tried tightening the hex screw inside the chuck, but that did not fix the problem. Does anyone have a repair suggestion?
Make sure the switch is fully engaged in one of the gears. My DeWalt does the same thing if the switch is in between first and second. --dave

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Dave Jackson wrote:
(top posted to keep the flow going the same way)
Also check the clutch setting. Many have a setting where the chuck won't turn unless pressure is applied to the chuck as when driving a screw.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA