My Milwaukee 18 Volt Cordless Hammer Drill ((Model LokTor 0624-20)Lost Traction

My Milwaukee cordless hammer drill (Model LokTor 0624-20) suddenly lost traction. The motor runs OK and I can hear the spindle spinning as the motor turns, but the chuck will not engage the spindle. The chuck does not respond to either forward or reverse. I tried tightening the hex screw inside the chuck, but that did not fix the problem. Does anyone have a repair suggestion?

Reply to
spinfast3

Make sure the switch is fully engaged in one of the gears. My DeWalt does the same thing if the switch is in between first and second. --dave

Dave Jackson

(top posted to keep the flow going the same way)

Also check the clutch setting. Many have a setting where the chuck won't turn unless pressure is applied to the chuck as when driving a screw.

Reply to
Nova

It sounds like you broke the motor shaft. Take it to your nearest Milwaukee Repair Center. Milwaukee discontinued their "limited lifetime warranty" but if the tool shows no signs of abuse, they will repair it at no charge or very little charge.

Reply to
Allen Roy